Gentle Hen for companion wanted in CT or NY border

Hi Blue Moon,
The Ameraucanas sound promising. I've heard that people have luck keeping them together with Faverolles. I'm sorry to say I have nothing to swap though, we have 22 chickens of different breeds but they are all too dear to part with. I'm happy to buy an Ameraucana or two from you if you'd like to sell. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks, Jen

I have not had the best luck with Ameraucanas + Faverolles. Must depend on the individuals. The Wyandottes sound good, and of course other Favs are probably the best companions of all.

Good luck!

i keep my faverolles seperated from the rest. i have everyone in the coop, but my roo and hen sf stay in the barn. they are able to free range with everyone else. the big ones head to the coop and the sf head to their stall in my barn. i can't stand to see them get picked on. my slw are very good at it. i just hatched today one of shirleys eggs. it looks like it could be mixed with barred rock. i don't know thou. probably to young for what you are looking for. but i would give it to you if you wanted it.

Last edited:
I sadly only have 1 SF left and don't plan to get any others. The young Buff Orps I had her in with have just started picking on her. She has her own small coop which I moved her back to yesterday but I'm just worried she will be cold in the winter all by herself. She free ranges all day and can see the others through their fence but really needs a friend. Thanks for all your input everyone. Jen

I have a beautiful, sweet young Salmon Faverolle rooster in NJ. Let me know if interested.

Thanks so much for the rooster offer
smile.png
I got a beautiful Ameriucana from Blue Moon and they are getting on very nicely. Thanks again, Jen

Back
Top Bottom