Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
Sure! It's fun to see pictures!
Okay.
Screenshot_20210105-214456_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-214520_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-214547_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-214628_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-214648_Gallery.jpg

Show Quality Silkies have Modified Pea combs, that's being called "Walnut Combs."
This says non-Bearded silkies can't have walnut combs, but my non bearded have Walnuts.

http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=98285&page=1
I don’t see where it says SQ silkies have modified pea combs. From what I’ve read it’s suggesting that the standard be changed for non-bearded silkies so that they have modified rose combs, not walnut combs, so the wattles will be the correct size. However, it doesn’t say that the standard change has happened yet, or that SQ silkies with modified rose combs are common yet. It also doesn’t say non-bearded can’t have walnut combs, it says that they can’t have walnut combs and also have the correct wattle size.
It’s an interesting read, though I wonder if changing the standard to make small wattles acceptable would be better/easier. I’ve seen chanteclers (walnut combs) with wattles that are only slightly smaller than “normal” sized.

I don’t see where it says SQ silkies have modified pea combs. From what I’ve read it’s suggesting that the standard be changed for non-bearded silkies so that they have modified rose combs, not walnut combs, so the wattles will be the correct size. However, it doesn’t say that the standard change has happened yet, or that SQ silkies with modified rose combs are common yet. It also doesn’t say non-bearded can’t have walnut combs, it says that they can’t have walnut combs and also have the correct wattle size.
It’s an interesting read, though I wonder if changing the standard to make small wattles acceptable would be better/easier. I’ve seen chanteclers (walnut combs) with wattles that are only slightly smaller than “normal” sized.
Yes, rose comb is what I meant. I don't why I kept say pea comb. Hate being tired.

Yes, it's an interesting read.

This Boy's wattles actually were longer then this, but got frostbittten, & half fell off during 2019's extreme winter.
20210105_192349.jpg

I took a picture from my old phone. Sorry the quality isn't great because I had to do it this way.
20210105_221546.jpg
Edited: Put the word Fun instead of Phone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom