Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
I'm not even a silkie fan, and I think these are awesome! Maybe because they are bigger. :thumbsup
Why aren't you a silkie fan?

Here's the grandpa of the chicks.
20210106_143207.jpg
He's my LF Silkie Rooster.

Why aren't you a silkie fan?
Ummmm... I don't know. Maybe the fluff just doesn't look... chicken-y? I think they're adorable, but the look like... stuffed animals...? Toys...? They sure are cute!

I don't have any feathered legged chickens, and don't plan to, just because the feathers might be a dirty mess in my run. I guess I see the over-all fluff as an extension of that.

I like looking at everyone else's silkies. Like I like looking at other people's long haired dogs.

Ummmm... I don't know. Maybe the fluff just doesn't look... chicken-y? I think they're adorable, but the look like... stuffed animals...? Toys...? They sure are cute!

I don't have any feathered legged chickens, and don't plan to, just because the feathers might be a dirty mess in my run. I guess I see the over-all fluff as an extension of that.

I like looking at everyone else's silkies. Like I like looking at other people's long haired dogs.
Mine clean their muddy foot feathers pretty well. Same with the Brahmas. Feather legged birds adapt pretty well.

I'll get a picture of Scaredy tomorrow. He's molted, & looks like his old self again. Scaredy is the name of the Silkie in the picture I posted.

They're fluffy chickens, look nothing like a stuffed animal.

They're fluffy chickens, look nothing like a stuffed animal.
The bigger ones don't. The silkies I saw when I had just gotten chickens were little, and that was my first impression. It didn't help that DH walked by, saw a picture and said that exact thing: "They look like stuffed animals!"

Kind of like Boo (supposedly the world's cutest dog) looks like a stuffed animal to me. I guess every picture I've seen, he's supposed to look like that.

The bigger ones don't. The silkies I saw when I had just gotten chickens were little, and that was my first impression. It didn't help that DH walked by, saw a picture and said that exact thing: "They look like stuffed animals!"

Kind of like Boo (supposedly the world's cutest dog) looks like a stuffed animal to me. I guess every picture I've seen, he's supposed to look like that.
The pomeranian with the teddy bear cut? The dog was trimmed to look like that.

The pomeranian with the teddy bear cut? The dig was trimmed to look like that
Yeah, him. Adorable. Cute. Makes me chuckle.
You should.
If anyone in my area had silkies... Nobody does. Someday when things are back to normal, I hope to go to a poultry exhibition/show and see other kinds of chickens besides what is around here.

I'd love to see Malays in person too!

Yeah, him. Adorable. Cute. Makes me chuckle.

If anyone in my area had silkies... Nobody does. Someday when things are back to normal, I hope to go to a poultry exhibition/show and see other kinds of chickens besides what is around here.

I'd love to see Malays in person too!
How far is Belding, from Tawas? If you ain't too far, I can give you some silkies, next spring.

I have a Malay cockerel needing a new home. Still waiting for the right person to want, & take him.

Back
Top Bottom