Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
This is actually the first time I had an issue with silkies. Never had silkies try to kill each other.
Except one other time, this was a few years ago, I had a silkie almost kill the other. I had to doctor the wounds on the one who was ripped up, & bleeding.

The boy with the dark neck was put in the small coop, since they will try to kill each other if I have them together.

Maybe this was an Ancestral throw back situation? The exact Ancestor of the silkie is still a mystery. Maybe it was a Game breed?

I'm scratching my head, trying to figure this out.
I always thought it was something like Cochins, but that's just my guess 😉

What are your guys thoughts?
It is this boy that your talking about, right?
Screenshot_20211012-083920.png

Since he doesn't have as good a type as the other one, if you have no way to keep them separate and if you don't absolutely need him for this project, then you should probably re-home him.

It is probably just the hormones kicking in.
I have two Cochin x polish brothers that, when they were probably about the same age as your birds here, maybe a little bit older, were fighting so bad that one day I looked out the window and they were dragging each other around by their combs and blood was everywhere... They had themselves dyed red for a few days. I had to keep them separate for a while, and now they are the best of friends... Kind of sounds stupid but they go everywhere with each other and I never see them fight.

If you can't keep him or rehome him, then he has to go. :hmm

No way to put him in a time out and "readjust" his attitude? I'm sure you've already thought of that, or tried it...
I'm probably just gonna eat him, like the other 14 butcher birds we have listed.

It is this boy that your talking about, right?
View attachment 2863259

Since he doesn't have as good a type as the other one, if you have no way to keep them separate and if you don't absolutely need him for this project, then you should probably re-home him.

It is probably just the hormones kicking in.
I have two Cochin x polish brothers that, when they were probably about the same age as your birds here, maybe a little bit older, were fighting so bad that one day I looked out the window and they were dragging each other around by their combs and blood was everywhere... They had themselves dyed red for a few days. I had to keep them separate for a while, and now they are the best of friends... Kind of sounds stupid but they go everywhere with each other and I never see them fight.
Yep, that's the boy.

With as long as they fought, I don't think I'd be able to rehabilitate them. Usually I let cockerels duke it out, which isn't usually extreme, or lasts this long. There's is usually a winner within about 2 minutes, & then they go back to being friends, or avoid each other.

Back
Top Bottom