Good Ole Boy's Of "KANSAS"

Quote:
Yes I just made a few more yesterday during the middle of the gender war
gig.gif

The Quail I dont real need but still would like to have a few Bobs. They will help call in any others in the neighbor hood if there are any. I would love to release some but don't think they will make it being reliable to human feeding them
hu.gif

Probably true... They'd definitely head for someones fields or towards the lake I would imagine
sad.png

So I think I'm going to start gathering some parts to build a cabinet incubator... What do you think of this design?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=52303-my-homemade-incubator

Off and I want to stretch it to hold three or four turners, and maybe two hatch trays! Plus I want to switch the heat source in the bottom to those zoo med ceramic bulbs!

Actually I might just make a seperate hatcher?!?!

Last edited:
Quote:
Now I tried the ceramic bulbs with one of my bators it did not work very well in a small space,b ut it might work great in a larger space. The issue I see with the ceramic bulbs is that your spacing from the bulb to the eggs or hatching eggs is this. That bulb get so dam hot that I have burnt the crap out of my finger just brushing against it . Now you being a reptile breeder you may know of a cooler ceramic bulb the one I am using for my chicks is 150 watt...............

sorry cant think right now just had a fox take one of my Mutt chickens from Renee

Yeah they do get pretty hot, I was thinking the smaller one's the size of a normal build though too. darn sorry to hear that, figured it was gunna be bad news since it's been awhile without news from the attack! I have a predator call on my keys at all times, maybe we just need to get that dang fox since he's frequenting now... And now that it got one it's really going to be a repeat visitor!
sad.png

Ok I am here!!! Promise me you wont take what I say and turn it into BS, then throw in your sales pitch to boot!!!
Its like a party in the tree house.
smile.png
Any more hungry foxes Daren??

Quote:
Yes it is a persistent little fox I have seen it 4 times now and each time I get ready to shoot it my jack azz neighbor yells to "Hey Man whats going on?" he is such a moron I mean how many times must I tell him I AM TRYING TO SHOOT A FOX so now he wants to carry on a conversation
smack.gif

Edited for language. Please do not bypass the censors with characters or misspellings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Now I tried the ceramic bulbs with one of my bators it did not work very well in a small space,b ut it might work great in a larger space. The issue I see with the ceramic bulbs is that your spacing from the bulb to the eggs or hatching eggs is this. That bulb get so dam hot that I have burnt the crap out of my finger just brushing against it . Now you being a reptile breeder you may know of a cooler ceramic bulb the one I am using for my chicks is 150 watt...............

sorry cant think right now just had a fox take one of my Mutt chickens from Renee

I totally have it; lets put a suiside bomb vest on your chicken. Let out and when the fox grabs it push the button! I bet ACME makes them for whilie coyote as he is always trying to katch that road runner!
Ok Kansas Boy what kind of herps to you have. I used to make thousands of dollars every year breeding reptiles. I still have my herp incubator.

Last edited:
Quote:

sorry cant think right now just had a fox take one of my Mutt chickens that I got from Renee

I totally have it; lets put a suiside bomb vest on your chicken. Let out and when the fox grabs it push the button! I bet ACME makes them for whilie coyote as he is always trying to katch that road runner!
Ok Kansas Boy what kind of herps to you have. I used to make thousands of dollars every year breeding reptiles. I still have my herp incubator.

Not real sure that will be very legal Mike. I spoke with the Game warden here he said I have every right to protect my property and or live stock. He just said I have to dispose of the fur and carcass I can not possess either out of season. So the fox hunt begins quote me "I WILL OUT FOX THIS FOX"
automatic-weapon.gif

So we are at this little cafe near the house one day having dinner(thats lunch time here) and the old guys are having this conversation about this rooster they hated when they were boys. Apparently they had a fox problem too. So they go to the hardware and get some small chain and some "s" hooks and make a leash for this roos leg. Then they take him out and stake him to the wood pile and wait for Mr. Fox to show up. According to them when this roo got to getting POed and making racket the whole Fox family showed up and they let the fox hunt begin. (Just for the record i was assured that the roo lived and had a new career after that)

Back
Top Bottom