Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutchchic, I have wrote Gordie twice today. So we will see what he has to say. I did not see were the package was beat up, but that's not to say someone did not shake the crap out of them.

I am not placing the blame on anyone either. I just hate to see these poor guys dying like this. If it means NOT getting chicks shipped to me so be it. 8 out of 25 might not be so bad, but 10 out of 12 dead that's just not ok in my eyes.

Hope your others make it!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Eliz, I just emailed him too. He'll get the emails when he comes in from the farm late tonight, I'm sure. We've chatted on instant messenger so he's a really nice guy. My mother just emailed me to tell me her favorite chick just died. This is heart wrenching! I have shipped many, many chicks from the "commercial" hatcheries and have never had anything like this happen, so please don't think that shipping chicks is not a successful endeavor. I think there is something going on that needs to be addressed. With poultry, there can be a problem go unnoticed until birds start dropping, or something that older birds can handle and chicks can't. They are very delicate little creatures..
smile.png

Lets see what he has to say and what he can do for you.

Is there a way you can get those chicks autopsied? That might help alot and settle the issues between the breeder and owner.

Hope he does have an answer!

Its been around a week since I got my order from Gordie

They were a mixed age group, two were dead on arrival (from
size it seemed they were day olds) Haveing recieved shipped
chicks before those two were not out of line in any regards.
Even tho I told Gordie not to worry about sending the six dollars
refund as we would do business in the future he insisted that he send it.

The rest are doing great and growing well.

Gordie call tonite to see how my chicks were doing and we visited
awhile, he is deeply concered about the quality\\health of his chicks and
is puzzled about the issues here. I supect that he will cancel all
pending and future orders. I feel sad that problems can not be settled
between the partys involved before those issues are spread across the US.

If my memory is correct during my short time here I have seem three ppl
on BYC who have had more than the typical problems with shiped chicks
from Gordie. As bad as those are\\where thats not bad for the hundreds of
positive transactions for eggs and birds he handled all by himself.

There is so much out of the control of the person that ships, that can be
placed on the condition of live or egg shipment, that it would seem that person
to person settlement beforecrying fowl could\\should take place.

If help is needed on a live\\egg problem(s) it would also seem that it can\\could
be asked for without naming names.

For me it just comes down to an old saying... Do unto others as you would
have them do unto you.....or a more update version, what goes around
comes around.
smile.png

Just my humble opinion folks

Last edited:
Here is an update.

Gordie said my chicks were sent out with two other orders and those are all 100%

Sounds like someone at post office was maybe to blame.

Anyhow, Gordie did not even blink and gave me a full refund even the shipping charge!

That is good business!

"I feel sad that problems can not be settled
between the partys involved before those issues are spread across the US."

Well said Homegroanacres, I received an email from him this morning and due to above complaints he is canceling the rest of his orders for this year. Mine were due to hatch Sunday. Too bad these issue couldn't have been resolved earlier but at least he is thinking of his bird's health.

He called my mother last night, and is supposed to call me tonight. I really don't need him to refund my money, or anything. I just wanted him to know there is possibly an issue. It's so hot here, right now. Maybe he should wait until cooler weather before doing any more shipping....not totally cancel for the year. I'll talk to him tonight and see what is what.
I do want to say I wasn't in anyway "flaming" him or trying to bash him at all. This thread is about him and his poultry and I wanted to express my concerns in case someone else was having problems as well. If it had been isolated to just my shipment, then I would have chalked it up to just my bad luck. But if more than 1 person is having problems, he needs to know in case it's a problem on his end. Like I said...it's very hot in many places right now and shipping chicks in this heat is a huge gamble. I definitely hope this is all related to shipping/handling/heat. Gordie is a really nice guy, and he truly loves his chickens.....I don't want to see this hurt his business.
smile.png

ATTN: ALL BYC MEMBERS

GORDIE'S E-MAIL:
It saddens me to inform all members of BYC that as a result of a recent chain of events Gordie has asked me to relay this message in his own words:
"Please state on that site I`m not sending no more chicks to the BYC people an not to email me."

I ask that we all honor his request.

Wow...so because a few people had problems with birds he sent being sick and/or dying, he's not doing business with any more BYC members?
hu.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom