Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how many you have to order if you get chicks? And is the shipping reasonable. I am going to email him. Just curious. I don't need 25 chicks.

Marie

Does anyone know how many you have to order if you get chicks?

I don't know that he has a minimum. I ordered 30 chicks but he could only provide me 20. However, I am not disappointed because he was able to provide my first choice in the blue and black orpingtons.
I don't see how the guy even keeps up with things. His father has cancer and he tends him. Added to that he has a dairy and works it. I wonder how he can manage to raise, hatch, and ship chicks also.
Be patient with his returning your e-mail. It might take him a week to reply but he will. Good luck.

I'm getting 10 blue rock chicks w/in the week, so I believe 10 is the min. order, but they have to be shipped express, COD.
HTH,
Kristi
Oh & p.s. he is a very nice guy btw, and wants to do everything he can to make sure the birds get to you in the best shape possible, that's why he waits til they are 1 wk old before he even ships them out.

I haven't gotten them yet. I told him to do express if it was like $25ish (which is what I have heard others estimate) but if it would be much more go w/priority. Once I get them I will be happy to post.
I mean, I'm paying $30 for chicks that I can't get anywhere around here (the blue rocks) so I want them shipped here w/a guarantee, so I am willing to pay $30 for shipping to make sure I get them all alive, you know? But, like $50 is a bit crazy...jmho
Kristi

Gordon, the Blue Orp Rooster I now owned:
GORDON.jpg

Gordon's son and daughters that Gordie now has them:
GordonsChildren.jpg

We will be getting chicks from Gordon's offsprings so I hope they are good or even better than their parents and grandpa would be!

Shipping was anywhere from 35 to 45 dollars per bird, I had older birds. He said somewhere around twenty dollars for priority depending how many chicks you order. I ordered 15 Black and Blue Orpingtons, st run.

I agree. I was going to order catalpa chicks that were $5.50 each but the shipping was only $18. So it would have been $100 for 15 chicks. So this will probably be about the same I guess. But I don't need 15. I barely need 10. So this would be better for me.

Marie

Compare that price with Catlupa Grove Farms, you will be expected to pay much, much higher! I have to say Gordie's birds is a steal and I can not beat the quality he puts out for exhibition lines.

They are a little better quality than Sandhill Preservation Blue Orps(Jim Cox lines) that I hatched out....somehow, they need to improve their bloodstock by outsourcing a bit. They lacked refinement and the heavy feathering on their bodies. I'm got rid of the two Sandhill roosters that their heads were more "mule" like than the true Orp. which they dont have such big heads and flat eyes.

Let me know how you all got your birds in and post pics! I wish my darn camera would work!

Robin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom