GQF Sportsman 1502

TBJumper0514

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 7, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Anyone have the newer Sportsman 1502? I am looking into purchasing one(taking the big plunge!) and have found one for around $626+shipping...about the cheapest I can find, and I think that's about the best price I will find. Is this a good price? Comments on the unit? This will be my first foray into the "big guns", my little styrofoam bators are always full, so I need more room!

Should be a Great One.I think the new ones are not wood any more, I'm thinking PVC board.Which should make clean up easier...cva34

I've got a new 1502 and a 1550 hatcher to make my staggard hatches easier. I love it but if you're going to keep it inside, disable the turner alarm. Take my advise and don't order necessarly from the cheapest place. Lots of problems getting the unit, no communication ect from these low ball places. I'd recommend you go straight to GQF and order from them. Might cost you a few more bucks but they'll tell you when it ships and give you the tracking #. I just ordered a 5 level brooder from them, arrived a couple weeks back.

Last edited:
Anyone have the newer Sportsman 1502? I am looking into purchasing one(taking the big plunge!) and have found one for around $626+shipping...about the cheapest I can find, and I think that's about the best price I will find. Is this a good price? Comments on the unit? This will be my first foray into the "big guns", my little styrofoam bators are always full, so I need more room!
I bought one 2 days ago from our local feed store. Can't wait to have a hatch in it. :)

Oh, I wish it was as easy as getting one from the feed store! This one I found drop ships straight from GQF, and the company has great reviews, so I think I am going to spring for it! I need to figure out if I can keep it inside somewhere or leave it in my shed...kinda scared to leave it outside. How do you disable the alarm?

instructions come with it to disable the alarm, if I recall it right you have to take out the control display to reach the thing to unplug but I may be wrong here, I read it but getting old so long term memory isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't leave it outside, get a rainstorm and the humidity will spike on you.
Got to say way to go dealing directly with GFQ, I dealt with surehatch one time and it was a pure mess.

I tried to order one from Sure Hatch and it wouldn't take my card online. I called and got an answering machine and no one called me back -- twice. I had eggs on the way in 2 weeks so I went to GQF, ordered the 1502 plus the auto humidifier and plastic egg setting trays and it arrived earlier than the expected ship date. What a relief! It cost more but was worth every penny. Go with GQF, a bargain isn't a bargain if you can't even get anyone to take your order, much less get it shipped. I love the 1502 and don't regret spending the extra $$ for a sure thing!

It's on the way! I ordered the 1502 from the seller on ebay that had them for a great price. It shipped from GQF yesterday, so I should get it early in the week! Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom