Guess the Breed--Horse!

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
Since the dog thread is really fun, I thought maybe a horse thread would be too.

Rules: 1.) Horse must have no saddle or rider (a bridle or halter is okay)--we just need to be able to see the horse's body.
2.) I'm thinking at this point, no warmbloods since they really aren't a breed and all pretty much look alike.
3.) Mixes are allowed but please post if it is one.
4.) Have fun!
smile.png

So I'll start with any easy one, here it is:

68054_friesian_pic.jpg

If you can find me something credible that proves other wise, then I would stand corrected. The only horses I know of that are scientifically proven to be chimera are Dunbars Gold and Sharp One - both brindle AQHA registered. Both thought to be different types of chimera. This was discovered due to the blood typing required for parentage by the association. Which I believe the Holsteiner association s require blood typing for parentage.and given how popular a stallion he is, we would have most likely heard of it by now.

That's not to say all brindles are chimeric. Or all chimeric are brindle.

This marking is not exclusive to him. Look up thoroughbred Laska de Thaix or Arabian Warface.

Hi all, just been lurking and learning, fascinating thread! Deserves an award or something.
How does one pronounce that word?

I've seen deer run like that, and Damara sheep do too, didn't know there was a name for it but I guess if any place would have a name for it, it'd be the horse folks. :D
Tölt

Source:http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tölt
Pronunciation[edit]

Back
Top Bottom