Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Eggs were loaded yesterday (I made a thread for it if you really want to know what's all in there)

6 bantams eggs and 16 standards including one that's almost a sphere 20200409_162231.jpg

has anyone put duck eggs in this ? Will they turn?

Small duck eggs will, yes. Large duck eggs I would hand turn. I also hand turned turkey eggs though and someone else managed to make them work in the turner, so I may just be cautious when the eggs are longer than the slot.

I've never had a fertilized duck eggs to see how well it worked but I did hatch goslings! ( Definitely hand turn only only with goslings) lol

I feel like my duck eggs arent really any bigger than chicken eggs just heavier.. so maybe
Probably. I was able to fit smallish turkey eggs in there and they turned. I had to arrange them a few times before finding good placement where they all turned. There's a feature to test turn eggs which was very helpful during set up.

IMG_2859.JPG
Good news: All 12 turkey eggs are developing. They were moved into my big incubator with some chicken eggs due on the same day.

Bad news: Only one quail egg is developing. I think I'd see a lot of shadow by now - day 10. The plan was to have the quail spend the whole incubation & hatch in the NR360. What do I do with only one quail???? My friend also gave me 4 adults and they just started laying again. (They probably stopped from the stress of the move, but I think they're settling in now.) I guess I'll save up eggs and try it again after my lonely quail hatches.

The large egg on the bottom right... does this incubator turn it? Or is that one hand turned?

That one is actually kinda both. There will be several times were it turns and then a time or two when it doesn't, as long as it stays in the back and doesn't go too far forwards, I haven't had to actually turn it yet, shockingly

Back
Top Bottom