Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
I couldn't find one that looked exactly like @R2elk's...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-shipped-eggs.704328/page-2669#post-13465420

So I spent a while scouring questions and reviews on Amazon of flashlights of the same type. I ended up buying this one. There was a bit of "This light says it's this many lumens, but I tested it at THIS many" and "My this light is 50% brighter than my this many lumen light!" Ultimately I figured whatever I got, I'd be better off than I am now.

It's set to arrive tomorrow, and I should candle the day after.
LOL... I was just over on Amazon looking at lights. I know what you mean about what a light is listed as vs what it actually is, then what people think it is, and the whole this one is brighter than that one... 🥴

I saw the one you listed but haven't looked it over yet. Will be interested to hear what you think. I did see where someone had taken an old black film canister and made something similar to R2elk's insulation tip, but I like the insulation idea even better.
Was going to try something on one of my flashlights but none of them were anywhere near as bright as the light on the NR360.
I've been getting by with my black paper hood/light focuser on the 360, but still want something better that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

edit: typo

Last edited:
The foam pipe insulation is a great idea. Not sure if we have any here, but I know we have pool noodle pieces I could try cutting down. We tried to use one and zip ties to pad a goat's horns. That lasted about 2 hours.

That's the freaking truth lol! A slightly deeper recess would help.

So, weird thing. Both of my incubators spiked temp today at the same time, on their own today. Alarms went off. No clue why either. I heard the alarms when I got home, ran in and opened them up. Incubator 1 had hit over 104. Incubator 2 hit 102. Inc 1 was at temp for a fair bit 😟.

Bleh.

View attachment 2182635View attachment 2182636

Praying it wasn't enough to do damage 😒😞

Oh no! That's terrible! I would definitely get a surge protector. That's never happened to me other than today while I was fiddling with my broken incubator. I had it right next to the other two and they didn't spike so there has to be another reason yours did. Did the room get hot today maybe?

Oh no! That's terrible! I would definitely get a surge protector. That's never happened to me other than today while I was fiddling with my broken incubator. I had it right next to the other two and they didn't spike so there has to be another reason yours did. Did the room get hot today maybe?

They're on a surge protector 😒.

I just hope all of incubator 1 isn't cooked. Nearly 105 for a couple hours...I don't understand why the alarm didn't go off.

Here the timeline of the overheating period:

Screenshot_20200608-001657.jpg

Peak of 104.8, average of 103.3...for 4hrs.

Bleh...and I'd picked up some high hopes for this hatch!!

By the way, the incubator readout only said 102.5.

Double bleh!

That's still really high though. None of mine ever get over 100.5 ever and even that is not a common occurrence. With both of yours spiking there has to be something that caused it. Do you have AC in that room? Could it have gotten too hot in there?

That's still really high though. None of mine ever get over 100.5 ever and even that is not a common occurrence. With both of yours spiking there has to be something that caused it. Do you have AC in that room? Could it have gotten too hot in there?

No AC...it's blocked off. I've been in and out of the room through the day, and it's definitely been hotter in here. The one definitely caused the other to spike though...the 2nd incubator never reached even close to those temperatures.

Very weird for sure.

I couldn't find one that looked exactly like @R2elk's...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-shipped-eggs.704328/page-2669#post-13465420

So I spent a while scouring questions and reviews on Amazon of flashlights of the same type. I ended up buying this one. There was a bit of "This light says it's this many lumens, but I tested it at THIS many" and "My this light is 50% brighter than my this many lumen light!" Ultimately I figured whatever I got, I'd be better off than I am now.

It's set to arrive tomorrow, and I should candle the day after.

I have a Nitenumen I use. It's in some of the videos.

Its super bright, and works on blue Ameraucana for the most part. I wouldn't hold much hope for anything darker.

What's a safe range for humidity for lockdown of courtinx quail? My humidity has been going everywhere since I started lockdown to the point I'm scared of leaving because it raises by literally 10-20% while I'm watching it. I don't k is if it's better to have it near 70% or a little lower than 50% worste case scenario

Back
Top Bottom