Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
My humidity has been going up and down a little in relation to the AC running. When I started the AC wasn't really going and the house humidity was around 50 - 55%. It took more futzing to keep my humidity level near or under 45%.
Now that AC is running steadily during the days it's been staying closer to 45% and the house is hovering near 45%. Overnight I've not been putting as much water in because the house humidity goes up late at night and early morning, when it cools outside and the AC doesn't run.
I'm learning.
Though it seems that the last 2 days it's been wanting sit just sit a little higher. I'm on day 16, so not on lockdown yet, but am wondering if as the chicks start to really fill the shells...they are putting off more humidity themselves which is making the reading a few % higher.

Overall mine seems to have averaged a need of 1 oz, morning and night, in the A slot.

Yeah, the temperature is staying really stable now. I haven't dropped it but after this week in definitely looking everything over so I don't have to go through this again. Stinks too cause I had great luck with my chicken eggs last time

Fingers crossed! I have had my other 2 NR360s running since March of last year and I only took a few months off for a break over winter, so they've been actually running for the equivalent of 12 months and I only turn them off to sanitize them before filling them up again, lol. I have really put these incubators to the test and with multiple species as well. They're very reliable but I'm not very savvy at repairing anything electronic so it looks like I'll be tossing my broken unit.

I wish I could have eggs incubating all year. Even these four months have my family starting to get irritated by the humming and the cheeping

Fortunately my daughter loves it and my husband tolerates it. Though my "chicken room" is also his art studio so I've gotten a few looks when chicks are hatching and he's trying to focus on painting. LOL

Fingers crossed! I have had my other 2 NR360s running since March of last year and I only took a few months off for a break over winter, so they've been actually running for the equivalent of 12 months and I only turn them off to sanitize them before filling them up again, lol. I have really put these incubators to the test and with multiple species as well. They're very reliable but I'm not very savvy at repairing anything electronic so it looks like I'll be tossing my broken unit.

Save it for parts, or put it up for sale for parts. Someone will buy it. The few I've seen on eBay for parts have gone for $50-$100. That's clearly listed broken units!

Save it for parts, or put it up for sale for parts. Someone will buy it. The few I've seen on eBay for parts have gone for $50-$100. That's clearly listed broken units!

Well darn it... I didn't even think of that! I kept the base in case I ever kill one of the turners because that still works. I tossed the top though...I mean, the trash pick up hasn't come yet but I'm not much for jumping into trash bins. :lol:

I tried some human under the tongue thermometers. One was within a degree and the other's battery crapped out while I was taking the reading. All 5 or 6 thermometers are/have been within 4 degrees of the 360, either 2.5 below or 1.5 above so I'm going to quit worrying about it.
2 days until lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom