Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
thanks! I want to hatch some shipped eggs and worried about detached air sacs

I've had good luck incubating shipped eggs in the horizontal turner even when they have saddled or slightly detached air cells. As long as they're not completely detached and floating around like a bubble in which case I would incubate upright.

thanks! I want to hatch some shipped eggs and worried about detached air sacs
Hi, yes, like the others said there is room. However egg size will determine how well you will be able to tip them side to side within the egg carton cups. Smaller eggs and silkie eggs are no problem, but tall, oblong, or XL eggs are a challenge. The newest version of the 360 doesn't really have the room to tilt the entire carton side to side...I tested it with my plain eggs. But maybe if you cut the carton in half so they fit towards the outer ring it might work. One person I know tiled the entire incubator side to side and said she had to keep less water in it that way, but overall doesn't think it (tilting the NR360) helped any.

I just had a shipment of eggs come in and anticipated that all might have to be upright, so I cut up toilet paper tubes and tested those out. If you cut them at a slight angle, maybe an inch high, they can hold large eggs upright/at an angle nicely and you can twist or turn your eggs however you wish.

Ultimately I decided only one of my shipped eggs needed to stay upright, but not all of them, so I made a little cradle that attached on top of the turner for that particular egg.
Remember coloring Easter eggs? How after you dye them you put them on a little piece of cardboard with circles cut out to hold the egg whole it dries? That's what I did. It needed a counterbalance on the opposite side to keep the turner level and rolling smoothly, so I set one from my flock.... about the same weight.
So far so good.

Last edited:
Hi, yes, like the others said there is room. However egg size will determine how well you will be able to tip them side to side within the egg carton cups. Smaller eggs and silkie eggs are no problem, but tall, oblong, or XL eggs are a challenge. The newest version of the 360 doesn't really have the room to tilt the entire carton side to side...I tested it with my plain eggs. But maybe if you cut the carton in half so they fit towards the outer ring it might work. One person I know tiled the entire incubator side to side and said she had to keep less water in it that way, but overall doesn't think it (tilting the NR360) helped any.

I just had a shipment of eggs come in and anticipated that all might have to be upright, so I cut up toilet paper tubes and tested those out. If you cut them at a slight angle, maybe an inch high, they can hold large eggs upright/at an angle nicely and you can twist or turn your eggs however you wish.

Ultimately I decided only one of my shipped eggs needed to stay upright, but not all of them, so I made a little cradle that attached on top of the turner for that particular egg.
Remember coloring Easter eggs? How after you dye them you put them on a little piece of cardboard with circles cut out to hold the egg whole it dries? That's what I did. It needed a counterbalance on the opposite side to keep the turner level and rolling smoothly, so I set one from my flock.... about the same weight.
So far so good.

Can you share a picture?

The upright brown egg in pic 1 is the special egg, the blue in pic 2 is from my flock. You can see the brown one on the opposite side in the back on pic 2.

With the TP tubes, different angles of cuts gives better tilting options. I measured 45 degrees on a test egg, marked it, and found the angled tube allowed a full 45 degree till better, if one is inclined to tilt that far. I did experiment with carton cups, but my eggs were too big to tilt back and forth without cutting the sides down, which in turn made the cups wobbly.

20200624_221409.jpg 20200624_221505.jpg 20200624_221156.jpg 20200624_221102.jpg

Last edited:
The upright brown egg in pic 1 is the special egg, the blue in pic 2 is from my flock. You can see the brown one on the opposite side in the back on pic 2.

With the TP tubes, different angles of cuts gives better tilting options. I measured 45 degrees on a test egg, marked it, and found the angled tube allowed a full 45 degree till better, if one is inclined to tilt that far. I did experiment with carton cups, but my eggs were too big to tilt back and forth without cutting the sides down, which in turn made the cups wobbly.

View attachment 2211256View attachment 2211257View attachment 2211258View attachment 2211261

Very clever! Thank you for sharing!

The 2 pipped duck eggs hatched out this morning. Most of the other eggs are pipped. (expected hatch date tomorrow night through Friday) I decided to remove them from the incubator. I never heard such a racket as they pounded their bills into the plexiglass and played soccer with the eggs. They are huge and the incubator seemed small. They are adorable, though....

I put them into the brooder with our silkie = my professional broody. She's a mom to Orpingtons, Seramas, Quail, (last week) and now Ducklings. She didn't notice or care that her new babies are different. They're only staying a few days, so it's just easier to put them together and let her do the work.

IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4142.JPG
IMG_4147 (3).JPG

IMG_4148 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom