Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
I'm having a little trouble with the humidity in mine. It's been getting a lot higher than 50%. The highest its gotten is 57%. I fill up the A section 2/3 the way like it says. I also have the slide open 2/3 the way. How do I keep the humidity at bay?
Mine did that at first too. I would only add 1 to 2 oz at most , but twice a day. And open the slide all the way. You can also take the B plug out, which helped me, but keep an eye on the temp so it doesn't dip with the B plug out.

While technically it;s the water surface area that controls humidity, and not how deep the water is, I found that for whatever reason a little less water helped mine.

The distilled water is good because it will make cleaning easier (at least no mineral residue). I have a filter on my sink water & that is good enough for me. I haven't had any issues, but everyone's water is different. Since the base is plastic, if a mineral residue starts to build up, you can always clean it with some vinegar.

The shelf liner works perfectly during hatching. I strongly recommend it - especially if you're hatching bantams or quail whose feet could go through the grate. The shelf liner also helped the turner handle tiny quail eggs. Without it, those little eggs did somersaults and even hopped the rails.

However when I used it during incubation of my regular large eggs, the shelf liner did leave a shine around the center of the egg some time after the 1st week. Not sure if it rubbed off the bloom or if something got deposited onto the egg. The eggs hatched OK but it worried me a little. View attachment 2249348
My shelf liner has done the same to my eggs, but it didn't effect my hatches at all. I like the liner because it made for smoother turns no matter the size of the eggs, even the kinda too big 82gm eggs, and was a softer surface for the newly hatched chicks. Easy to wash too.
And I used double filtered tap water in mine without a problem as well.

Good idea on using vinegar!

Mine did that at first too. I would only add 1 to 2 oz at most , but twice a day. And open the slide all the way. You can also take the B plug out, which helped me, but keep an eye on the temp so it doesn't dip with the B plug out.

While technically it;s the water surface area that controls humidity, and not how deep the water is, I found that for whatever reason a little less water helped mine.
Thanks! I'll make sure to try these!

Ok. So...................I have been checking on my incubator more frequently now, and still..............the egg remains in the same place. Every time I look in! But the red light over the auto-turning icon is on......................help!

Ok. So...................I have been checking on my incubator more frequently now, and still..............the egg remains in the same place. Every time I look in! But the red light over the auto-turning icon is on......................help!
Press the "+" and "-" buttons at the same time. This is a test to see if the egg turner is properly working.

I'm enjoying all your videos! How much time do you allow yourself for candling? I noticed you said "we have 2 minutes left" at one point. I will be picking up my incubator in a day or two and am trying to learn all I can before setting eggs.

Thank you!

For candling, as long as I want. The 2 minute reference was for how much video my phone will record in one session :).

I'm having a little trouble with the humidity in mine. It's been getting a lot higher than 50%. The highest its gotten is 57%. I fill up the A section 2/3 the way like it says. I also have the slide open 2/3 the way. How do I keep the humidity at bay?

As was mentioned, open the slide all the way, and remove the B plug. If that doesn't work you may need to run a dehumidifier in the room you're in...but that would be kind of rare I think, based on what I've read over the last months.

It does turn correctly. But it only turns when I press the + and - buttons, not on it's own

You likely need to do a factory reset on the incubator. If you're 150% certain it is NOT turning that is. I am certain that two of the three NR360 incubators I bought were used. One needed a factory reset to get the turner to work, and was also set to 100°F out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom