Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Just finished up our 3rd and 4th hatch! Hopefully will find homes for some of these soon! So many chicks!!! This is addictive. They are all so precious.
A44EAC81-2979-4C23-9C5B-99A04B81A20B.jpeg

My first hatch is over I believe. It started right after midnight yesterday. They hatched all day into the evening. I went to sleep with 2 eggs left. Woke to 1 egg left, no external pip. The egg smells but the whole incubator smells of the same stench. I just candled it and I can see only half of the egg is dark. Is the egg bad, is that what the smell is?

I started with 22, being new to this I assumed many wouldn’t hatch...boy was I wrong! Lol

1 was double yolk
2 early quitters
3 not fertile
1 not hatched

15 adorable fluffy healthy chicks!!
Thanks to all who helped me with my questions, you guys rock!

My first hatch is over I believe. It started right after midnight yesterday. They hatched all day into the evening. I went to sleep with 2 eggs left. Woke to 1 egg left, no external pip. The egg smells but the whole incubator smells of the same stench. I just candled it and I can see only half of the egg is dark. Is the egg bad, is that what the smell is?

I started with 22, being new to this I assumed many wouldn’t hatch...boy was I wrong! Lol

1 was double yolk
2 early quitters
3 not fertile
1 not hatched

15 adorable fluffy healthy chicks!!
Thanks to all who helped me with my questions, you guys rock!

Congratulations on a great hatch! :celebrate
As far as the remaining egg, stinky is not a good sign but it's hard to say when I'm not seeing it myself. It's not unsual for there to be a somewhat funky smell in the incubator after a hatch but if it seems to be coming from that egg then it's rotten.

Back
Top Bottom