Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

How do you get chick fluff off of the incubator fan? Or just leave it?

I vacuum mine but there is usually some still in there. It hasn't caused any issues for me yet though, lol.

Also, can you use vinegar and water to clean the incubator? If so, how many parts vinegar to water?

I use diluted bleach water to clean mine but I'm sure vinegar is fine, just don't mix the two.

Hey y’all, I need some help/advice! I just bought this incubator and set it up last night and am running it before buying hatching eggs to keep an eye on the temp/humidity. I also bought the Govee temp/hygrometer to place inside for accuracy and now I’m more confused that ever because the temperature is off from what the incubator is saying. I currently have it set to 100 degrees and the Govee is saying anywhere from 98.6-99.1 (they say they are accurate to 0.54 degrees). So should I go by the Govee temp or the incubator? I live in Southern Texas where it is humid, but my AC is set to 73-75 degrees. My incubator is in my closet where the temp only ranges a few degrees (74-76 degrees) and humidity about 40%. Humidity seems to be matching what tue incubator is saying.

Hey y’all, I need some help/advice! I just bought this incubator and set it up last night and am running it before buying hatching eggs to keep an eye on the temp/humidity. I also bought the Govee temp/hygrometer to place inside for accuracy and now I’m more confused that ever because the temperature is off from what the incubator is saying. I currently have it set to 100 degrees and the Govee is saying anywhere from 98.6-99.1 (they say they are accurate to 0.54 degrees). So should I go by the Govee temp or the incubator? I live in Southern Texas where it is humid, but my AC is set to 73-75 degrees. My incubator is in my closet where the temp only ranges a few degrees (74-76 degrees) and humidity about 40%. Humidity seems to be matching what tue incubator is saying.

You need to calibrate your govee no matter how accurate they claim it is because like anything else, sometimes it's wrong. Also be sure to check multiple locations inside the incubator, you're looking for an average of 99.5 overall but I definitely have areas in the incubator that are lower. The turner goes all the way around the incubator so it will make up for hot and cold spots, much like rotating eggs manually when you're using other incubators.

You need to calibrate your govee no matter how accurate they claim it is because like anything else, sometimes it's wrong. Also be sure to check multiple locations inside the incubator, you're looking for an average of 99.5 overall but I definitely have areas in the incubator that are lower. The turner goes all the way around the incubator so it will make up for hot and cold spots, much like rotating eggs manually when you're using other incubators.
So I had bought a two pack and they were about 0.4-0.5 degrees different from each other. I went to calibrate and now they are 1-1.5 degrees off. I’m frustrated because I got these for reassurance and now they are not doing what I need them too. Idk if I’m doing the calibration wrong, there isn’t a lot of instructions on how to do it exactly so I’m winging it. Do you use a device on the inside for temp/humidity?

Your incubator might be off by a degree or so if you're putting your Govee on the inside ring...

Test the govee on the outside, as close to the dome as you can place it.
Why would it be off if it’s in the inside ring? I put one on the inside and one on the outside and they are both off from what the incubator is set too.

So I had bought a two pack and they were about 0.4-0.5 degrees different from each other. I went to calibrate and now they are 1-1.5 degrees off. I’m frustrated because I got these for reassurance and now they are not doing what I need them too. Idk if I’m doing the calibration wrong, there isn’t a lot of instructions on how to do it exactly so I’m winging it. Do you use a device on the inside for temp/humidity?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/

Read through the above link for instructions. I actually like the ice calibration but this link has instructions in detail.

Back
Top Bottom