Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

We also unplug the turner at end of day eighteen and remove the turner device without ill affect, candle the eggs to remove any that are obvious duds, lay eggs spaced around incubator and close her up for the hatch. We’ve become much more relaxed with the process since We lost power last winter right in the middle of a large hatch. We crammed eggs from two incubators into one, wrapped it in towels in front of the wood stove and figured we’d loose most if not all. Miraculously, the majority hatched without any fancy equipment. Even more shocking, of the 24 silkies that were at day 18 and left in the cold kitchen for 10 hours before the heat came on, 20 hatched a few days later. I called that a miracle until my neighbor reminded me that chickens survived when the dinosaurs all died out….without any help..haha.

Alright, we are now sharing an office. The humidity doesn't seem to be getting above 59 tho. Any tips on how to increase? I've got the whole vent opened as the instructions said. And the A and B pots both have external water levels.

Edit: Ok, it's climbing, but veeeery slowly. Made it up to 66. We should be good.

1644243759978.png

Last edited:
My experience has been that when the eggs start hatching, the humidity will spike high pretty fast. That happened to me and I had moisture all over inside so be careful raising the humidity too high before they start hatching.

Honestly, I'm doing so poorly at this, I will be surprised if I get any chickens. But we'll find out! I have 6 eggs, 2 have wiggled, and all 6 look viable.

Alright, we are now sharing an office. The humidity doesn't seem to be getting above 59 tho. Any tips on how to increase? I've got the whole vent opened as the instructions said. And the A and B pots both have external water levels.

Edit: Ok, it's climbing, but veeeery slowly. Made it up to 66. We should be good.

View attachment 2986175

As you're now seeing, once the water warms up the humidity will also go up. The internal pips will also cause the humidity to creep up. :) Good luck on your hatch!

I also remember that I had about 18 eggs in the incubator when the humidity started to spike. I had filled both A & B and I think water had been coming out of the bottom. I too was very new at this but with the help from my fellow BYC's, I had a successful hatch. So, you have fewer eggs in your incubator, the humidity increase will not be as fast and overwhelming when they start to hatch. (I think)

Back
Top Bottom