Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Not to worry friend. I dry incubate usually with humidity as low as 18%, only bring it up for lockdown. We always have great hatches. Most importantly, you may see nothing happen for a couple more days. And once they PIP it can take them a nailbiting long time until they actually zip that shell and come out. This is when I get busy doing other things or make myself a pot of tea and get a good book to read. It takes a lot of energy to make it out of eggs and they take a rest in between their work to get out. Happy hatching!

There is definitely a baby kicking in the egg in the first pic. But I've never seen that egg wiggle. This is nailbiting journey for sure! I'll open up a new thread if I have anymore questions, instead of hijacking this purpose specific one :)

Edit: Hatching is happening!!! We have 2 wiggly eggs, 2 with movement inside, 2 cheeping and one pip!

Last edited:
What do y'all think of this egg? Been in the incubator for 6 days as of this evening. Pretty positive I saw a baby, just this look kinda threw me for a loop. Is this normal? It just looks weird for the egg to be "separated" in the middle.
20220209_200119.jpg

Check back in a week. Are you turning the eggs at least four times a day or with an egg turner? It may have a blood ring, which means it started to develop and then died. However, it doesn’t hurt to wait and check it in a week. If it looks exactly the same, it stopped developing.

Check back in a week. Are you turning the eggs at least four times a day or with an egg turner? It may have a blood ring, which means it started to develop and then died. However, it doesn’t hurt to wait and check it in a week. If it looks exactly the same, it stopped developing.
Yes, the eggs get turned often, I think once every hour. Okay, hopefully it's okay and just looks funny.

What do y'all think of this egg? Been in the incubator for 6 days as of this evening. Pretty positive I saw a baby, just this look kinda threw me for a loop. Is this normal? It just looks weird for the egg to be "separated" in the middle.
View attachment 2989148

Oops I wasn't getting notifications!

It doesn't look promising, when you see blood vessels receding like that it's usually breaking down BUT anytime I'm unsure I mark the egg with a "?" and put it back in the bator to check in a few days. As long as it isn't stinky or weeping there is no harm in waiting.

Back
Top Bottom