Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

ok.... haven't taken the eggs out yet but thinking maybe I should tonight instead of waiting till Sat.

I calibrated all the thermometers in ice. put the ones that aren't waterproof in a baggie and squeezed all the air out and made sure they were under the water. one was still a tad high so I put the meat thermometer inside the baggie with it to see if that read right and it did. so think one is about 1* off (of course I forgot to mark it, but figure if one reads higher then I know which one. LOL) I also redid the Govee and checked the meat one to the boiling point as well. so all SHOULD be good.

With the incubator dropping at night I bumped it up so checked it today (normally move it back down by now) and it was set at 101 and the meat thermometer read it at 100. Before this the meat was always around the 98-99 mark hard to tell since it is just the lines.

I am thinking I will try a new batch of eggs on Sat but should I play with the temp on the incubator and see what it reads. I am wondering if there is something wrong with that or another reason it drops so low at night. the overnight ave temps are around 98 maybe 99 even with it bumped up. which then makes my average overall temps around 99 for 24 hrs. So should that be fine or should I try to figure it out?

would you take the eggs that are in there out tonight (day 8) if nothing or leave them till day 10?

ok.... haven't taken the eggs out yet but thinking maybe I should tonight instead of waiting till Sat.

I calibrated all the thermometers in ice. put the ones that aren't waterproof in a baggie and squeezed all the air out and made sure they were under the water. one was still a tad high so I put the meat thermometer inside the baggie with it to see if that read right and it did. so think one is about 1* off (of course I forgot to mark it, but figure if one reads higher then I know which one. LOL) I also redid the Govee and checked the meat one to the boiling point as well. so all SHOULD be good.

With the incubator dropping at night I bumped it up so checked it today (normally move it back down by now) and it was set at 101 and the meat thermometer read it at 100. Before this the meat was always around the 98-99 mark hard to tell since it is just the lines.

I am thinking I will try a new batch of eggs on Sat but should I play with the temp on the incubator and see what it reads. I am wondering if there is something wrong with that or another reason it drops so low at night. the overnight ave temps are around 98 maybe 99 even with it bumped up. which then makes my average overall temps around 99 for 24 hrs. So should that be fine or should I try to figure it out?

would you take the eggs that are in there out tonight (day 8) if nothing or leave them till day 10?
I would just go for it and try a small hatch at factory temp.
And maybe place the incubator in a more stable or protected location? Is it getting a draft at night or is the space inconsistently heated?

I would just go for it and try a small hatch at factory temp.
And maybe place the incubator in a more stable or protected location? Is it getting a draft at night or is the space inconsistently heated?
it is in the kitchen on my counter. there is a window near there but I have that side wrapped with a towel in case that was the reason for the temp dropping. My house stays at the same temp day or night. I don't really have any where else to put it that is a more stable temp since my dog can reach on the table in the livingroom. I could put it on his crate but the tv is on there and gives of heat and the baseboards for our heat is behind his crate so also gives off extra heat. We sleep with a window open in my room so it is colder in there and my girls don't have anywhere that it can fit. And that is all the room in our house....(it is small).

I am getting chicks in about 2 weeks so wanted them the same age. If the next group hatches they will be about a week younger which should be ok. But if they don't then I think I am going to have to wait until the other chicks are starting to mingle with the big ones before I hatch since I don't want to brood inside for the whole time again.....

If I set eggs Fri afternoon could I add a couple more on Sun or Mon or would it put those ones into lockdown way too early? I will have 5 eggs to set Fri afternoon which would be an ideal hatch day. But she should lay again Sat-Mon too so I could add 2-3 more but not sure if them going on lock down 2-3 days early would be way too early and harm them.

I would take the clears out, yes. If you still don't see anything now I don't think you will be. The only time I wait until day 10 is when the shell is really dark.

I do feel 99°F is good but if you want to fiddle with it until it's most consistently at 99.5°F that is optimal. I think if it creeps up to 101 too often then I would aim for the 99 instead. The only incubator I ever allowed to go that high was my Little Giant and I always had difficulties with hernias in that incubator because of hot spots.

Fingers crossed the next batch is fertilized!! :fl:fl:fl

If I set eggs Fri afternoon could I add a couple more on Sun or Mon or would it put those ones into lockdown way too early? I will have 5 eggs to set Fri afternoon which would be an ideal hatch day. But she should lay again Sat-Mon too so I could add 2-3 more but not sure if them going on lock down 2-3 days early would be way too early and harm them.

Yes, you can stop turning the eggs after day 15 with no detrimental effects.

I would take the clears out, yes. If you still don't see anything now I don't think you will be. The only time I wait until day 10 is when the shell is really dark.

I do feel 99°F is good but if you want to fiddle with it until it's most consistently at 99.5°F that is optimal. I think if it creeps up to 101 too often then I would aim for the 99 instead. The only incubator I ever allowed to go that high was my Little Giant and I always had difficulties with hernias in that incubator because of hot spots.

Fingers crossed the next batch is fertilized!! :fl:fl:fl
This is the chart from today after I calibrated them all. And I bumped up the incubator to 101 around 230 and it is now 445..... Today is warmer out so my house is actually a tad warmer than normal. This is what has me questioning if there is a problem with the incubator. Even the meat one has showed 98-99. Would think bumping up the temp would make it go higher..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-164516.png
    Screenshot_20220331-164516.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom