Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I would think that is would be ok but I have had a hen that noticed the chick she didn't hatch and tried to attack it. I've also had hens with older chicks that would take more without hesitation so it's really up to how she responds. I hope she does great!
ME TOO! I will say she is a GREAT broody if nothing else. LOL I am still a bit shocked none of my others have gone broody! I have 2 other Cochins that are known for being broody (and yes still early and they are still young. LOL) and my SF I figured for SURE would go broody! she just LOVES the nest box and there has been many days she hangs in there for 4-6 hrs when laying. and if I open the box (forget to check camera before I go to get eggs) she puffs up and "growls" etc. But she still hasn't gone broody, yet, just likes the nest box and her "space" at times I think. Haahaa

The eggs I've been incubating in my NR360 have hatched! Even though it was my first time incubating, I had a 100% hatch rate, and I can't be happier! I have 4 adorable little floofs now. :D

IMG_20220502_224348231.jpg

The eggs I've been incubating in my NR360 have hatched! Even though it was my first time incubating, I had a 100% hatch rate, and I can't be happier! I have 4 adorable little floofs now. :D

View attachment 3090174

Yaaay!!! Congratulations on the great hatch! Look at those sweet peeps!

I just found out the problem - the fan stopped working… it’s only been half a day so they should be fine, but I opened it up and noticed the eggs weren’t very warm.

Anyways, opened up the fan and got her working again. Phew.
Yikes! Glad you figured out the problem!
Yes, I’m glad too - hopefully they’re all okay. I’m not very happy that the fan stalled out randomly during my first time using it though. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch!

So, I have a question about the "Days to Hatch" countdown on the NR 360. I started the eggs at about 8:00 pm on April 15th. I reset the counter to 21 days at that point (I thought?). This morning I checked the counters and it said "3" days remaining... I'm confused about the countdown now. When I do the count manually, day 18 should start after 8:00 tonight. I guess I misunderstood something. Based on the Govee thermometer the incubator went into lockdown just after 8:00 pm yesterday. Is hatch day the day the counter hits Zero?

Asked another way, when should eggs started in the evening of April 15th hatch? I was planning on the weekend, so my granddaughter could be here. I had figured that they would be starting late Friday, but that's not what the incubator is saying. Did I blow it in my hatch planning?

:idunno

So, I have a question about the "Days to Hatch" countdown on the NR 360. I started the eggs at about 8:00 pm on April 15th. I reset the counter to 21 days at that point (I thought?). This morning I checked the counters and it said "3" days remaining... I'm confused about the countdown now. When I do the count manually, day 18 should start after 8:00 tonight. I guess I misunderstood something. Based on the Govee thermometer the incubator went into lockdown just after 8:00 pm yesterday. Is hatch day the day the counter hits Zero?

Asked another way, when should eggs started in the evening of April 15th hatch? I was planning on the weekend, so my granddaughter could be here. I had figured that they would be starting late Friday, but that's not what the incubator is saying. Did I blow it in my hatch planning?

I am far from a pro. But I know when I tried to just change days before it didn't stay at the date I put. I had to reset the whole thing when I set the eggs. I figured I did something wrong and that was why. But from what I understand locking down a day early shouldn't harm them and they should still hatch when u thought they would.

Ok opened the incubator and thought I smelled something. Smelled the 2 non viable eggs and didn't smell anything but guessing coming from those. Anything I should do if only the one egg in there? I only have wooden fake eggs but can add those if they will help. Or can get and add a sponge or something else

Yes, I’m glad too - hopefully they’re all okay. I’m not very happy that the fan stalled out randomly during my first time using it though. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch!

This happened to me when I dropped the incubator on my hardwood floor, really hard. I wonder if the incubator could have been dropped prior to you getting it.

Oh the NR360 it's a count DOWN so hatch will be day zero. If you're counting manually, the day you set the eggs is day zero, day 1 is the day after you set them, hatch day is day 21. Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom