Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

how many babies overnight?
Came in to 6 new babies!
Do they look ready to come out?
10C390A1-6510-4660-9B59-3A83E971607D.jpeg

If they aren’t fluffy by the time I leave today (noon for an appointment), should I leave them til tomorrow morning?

I left the first hatchling I had in my incubator for about a day and a half. They can stand several days without food or water. They should be okay.

One of them looks very weak…big round belly. I hope she makes it!

Every one of the chicks I watched hatch I was sure was going to die. When they first hatched they looked horrible. With more time, they got stronger. That's partially why I left them in the incubator for as long as possible.

One of them looks very weak…big round belly. I hope she makes it!

Congratulations!!!
They look fluffy enough to me, they were in there all night. As long as your brooder is warm. That last little bit of spikiness goes away really fast once they're out of the humid incubator. I only leave them in while they're wet but they will be ok longer if you want to wait.

I left the first hatchling I had in my incubator for about a day and a half. They can stand several days without food or water. They should be okay.

Every one of the chicks I watched hatch I was sure was going to die. When they first hatched they looked horrible. With more time, they got stronger. That's partially why I left them in the incubator for as long as possible.
Thanks. Maybe I’ll leave them til the morning then. I took out the shells, and moved the stronger one away from the weak one (she was stepping on the other ones head).

Ok other egg under Ditzy still hasn't externally pipped but I could hear it chirping still. I brought it in to the incubator in case I need to help. Long story short Ditzy got off her box at 6 and back on the wrong box. So trying to figure that out. But till then I wanted to be sure chick in egg was safe.

Do I do a safety hole? I am not sure when it internally pipped. I know I heard it almost 12 hrs ago but could have been longer. I let humidity drop some in the incubator guessing I need to bring it back up but I still have other chick in there. Should I put both under Ditzy and hope for the best. If she follows pattern she shouldn't get up again till about 2-2pm and it is 7 am. I am going to put food and water in there which may keep her closer?

Now that she's not hatching any other eggs under her I would really try to get the other chick under there to make sure that she accepts it. Once they think they're done they will stop sitting and with some hens they won't accept a new chick at that point.

You could make a safety hole but that's a whole other can of worms if you decide to assist. I have assisted plenty of times but its not a decision I can make for you. A lot of people feel it's best to leave things as they would happen and not intervene and that's ok too! Have you read the assisted hatch articles before?

Back
Top Bottom