Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Wondering the same. I bought one for this hatch, so I can tell you about it after!

Posted this in my hatch-a-long, but wanted to share my humidity info!

Day 14. Candled and weighed all eggs. 15 still going! Weight loss for the group was 10.4%, almost exactly on my graphed expectation line!

Lowest weight loss were the Orpingtons (both 8.5%) and L1 & F8 (8.7%). Highest was E1 (whopping 14.2%) and F9 (12.9%). Considering the overall weight is about .1% from my line, I don’t think humidity needs adjusting! I try to keep it around 45, but it has jumped to low 50s when I’ve been at work and it started raining (affected the humidity indoors both times), and low 30s (when water evaporates during the evening, in the morning it usually drops about 10%.

All air cells have grown. 😊

I have a question for you 360 users. One of the air cells is at the right end but tilted more toward the center on one side. For lockdown, I still put the slanted aircell side up, right? Weight loss for that one is good at 11%.

I’m thinking I’ll take out the turner on day 17 and add shelf liner and divider, then bump humidity the next day. Does this sound like a good plan?
With my saddled air cell I had it air cell side up at lockdown. It pipped right into the air cell

@CluckNDoodle Pandora’s box has been opened. I texted my husband the Etsy link with the 360 dividers. He said no problem. Then he started browsing other accessories by the seller. Caps for the water ports, different size turners. Finally he saw the lid risers.

Him: What are these for?

Me: You know, raise the lid, for larger eggs. Like Emus and such.

Him: WHAT!? I’ve always, always, always, wanted an Emu!!!

Guess who’s been looking at YouTube Emu videos and talking about putting in a 6’ fence around our entire property?

@CluckNDoodle Pandora’s box has been opened. I texted my husband the Etsy link with the 360 dividers. He said no problem. Then he started browsing other accessories by the seller. Caps for the water ports, different size turners. Finally he saw the lid risers.

Guess who’s been looking at YouTube Emu videos and talking about putting in a 6’ fence around our entire property?
Emus are great, we got some last year :) you need at least 2 though, so space is a real consideration. But they're soppy and funny and curious and cuddly, so if you have the space I'd say go for it! ;)

Oh my gosh!!!!! I will need updates through through the entire process of your emu adventure! That's so exciting! I've looked at those risers before and was so tempted!

so I should have more eggs being shipped this week to put in the incubator.... I made a post to ask what I am doing wrong since nothing seems to be even starting never mind hatching with my eggs (shipped, my own, under a broody in the incubator it just doesn't seem to matter).

But anyways. one person said to NOT let them rest at room temp but start them in the incubator right away and let them "rest" there. They said this time of year when temps are higher it heats up the eggs so letting them come to room temp kills the embryo. Wanted to ask here on what people do. The eggs are coming from VA to MA. our temps are a bit all over this week but basically from 80-90. so do I let them rest for 24 hrs? or do I place them pointy side down in a warm incubator and don't turn them but let them rest in the running incubator like this person said?

so I should have more eggs being shipped this week to put in the incubator.... I made a post to ask what I am doing wrong since nothing seems to be even starting never mind hatching with my eggs (shipped, my own, under a broody in the incubator it just doesn't seem to matter).

But anyways. one person said to NOT let them rest at room temp but start them in the incubator right away and let them "rest" there. They said this time of year when temps are higher it heats up the eggs so letting them come to room temp kills the embryo. Wanted to ask here on what people do. The eggs are coming from VA to MA. our temps are a bit all over this week but basically from 80-90. so do I let them rest for 24 hrs? or do I place them pointy side down in a warm incubator and don't turn them but let them rest in the running incubator like this person said?

I have put my eggs right into the incubator without resting but I always turn them. I don't rest my shipped eggs very long before setting in the incubator ever (unless they're really cold because the contents of the eggs will shrink away from the shell when cold and allowing them to come to room temp before setting them can reduce the severity of saddling sometimes) so I guess resting time for me is usually 3-8 hours. I find that setting fresher eggs is more important and it hasn't effected my hatch rates at all. If enough damage was done from jostling during shipment then no amount of resting will fix that. Not sure if that helps you to decide but it's what I do.

I have put my eggs right into the incubator without resting but I always turn them. I don't rest my shipped eggs very long before setting in the incubator ever (unless they're really cold because the contents of the eggs will shrink away from the shell when cold and allowing them to come to room temp before setting them can reduce the severity of saddling sometimes) so I guess resting time for me is usually 3-8 hours. I find that setting fresher eggs is more important and it hasn't effected my hatch rates at all. If enough damage was done from jostling during shipment shipment then no amount of resting will fix that. Not sure if that helps you to decide but it's what I do.
Ok so if I get them in the morning or mid day then set as normal that night with Turner and all? If it is warmer out and I wait 3-8 hrs that won't kill the embryo or cause the eggs not to develop?

Back
Top Bottom