Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Sorry I don’t have time to read through all the lovely and informative pages! Seems my NR360 stopped turning automatically. It’ll turn when I push the plus and minus buttons together, the so-called test run, but I’ve been monitoring it all day and does not seem to be turning on its own. Anyone know what to do? Thanks so much!
I have eggs in it and they’re now on day 11 and I think they didn’t get turned for at least three days while I wasn’t home and I assumed it was turning!😊

Sorry I don’t have time to read through all the lovely and informative pages! Seems my NR360 stopped turning automatically. It’ll turn when I push the plus and minus buttons together, the so-called test run, but I’ve been monitoring it all day and does not seem to be turning on its own. Anyone know what to do? Thanks so much!
I have eggs in it and they’re now on day 11 and I think they didn’t get turned for at least three days while I wasn’t home and I assumed it was turning!😊
what day does the incubator say that it is on? Did you reset everything back to day 1 when you started it up this time? if you didn't it may think that it is in lockdown now and that is why it is not turning

That sounds like nonsense to me.
This is exactly what they posted back to me (which did make sense but I had never heard it hear from anyone. everyone says to rest them at least some):

Letting the eggs 'rest' at room temperature this time of year is a bad idea, if you want to rest them put them in the incubator with the turner off or if hand turning, don't turn them for a day or two.
Temperatures can reach well up into the 130 to 140°F on USPS trucks.
Letting the eggs rest in AC ambient temperatures of a house can kill the developing embryos.
I've had shipped eggs arrive and upon opening the box, took the temperature of the eggs (scanned with an IR thermometer) they were at 96°F, if I had let them rest in house temperature conditions, the embryos would have been killed.

Make sure to reset the number of days to hatch. If you left it on zero from your last hatch it won't turn.

This is exactly what they posted back to me (which did make sense but I had never heard it hear from anyone. everyone says to rest them at least some):

Letting the eggs 'rest' at room temperature this time of year is a bad idea, if you want to rest them put them in the incubator with the turner off or if hand turning, don't turn them for a day or two.
Letting the eggs rest in AC ambient temperatures of a house can kill the developing embryos.
I've had shipped eggs arrive and upon opening the box, took the temperature of the eggs (scanned with an IR thermometer) they were at 96°F, if I had let them rest in house temperature conditions, the embryos would have been killed.
Ah, so, some context.
But.... if it got that hot on the truck, that would kill them.
...and 96° is not warm enough to start development.
What makes most sense is not ordering hatching egg during extreme temp times of the year.

I barely rest my eggs unless they're cold so it's not as beneficial as many people make it sound in my personal opinion BUT to support aarts comment, the commenter doesn't really make sense. Even a percentage of your developing embryos can survive fairly extreme temperature shifts for periods of time depending on how long they're exposed to it but 130-140 is bad and would do more damage than room temp.
There are full scientific studies that have been done showing the percentage of surviving embryos and different stages of development based on temperature drops and increases and how many hours increased to what percentage of losses. I've read it myself but I didn't save the link for that one...it's kind of morbid if you think about the hundreds of eggs they subjected to it but my point is,
A: More embryos would have died from the increase than the decrease.
B: I forgot what b was going to be...:lau I'll let you know if I remember my argument after coffee. Lol

Ah, so, some context.
But.... if it got that hot on the truck, that would kill them.
...and 96° is not warm enough to start development.
What makes most sense is not ordering hatching egg during extreme temp times of the year.
Ok that I agree with. This area isn't normally extremely hot this time of year so should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom