Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I am only on this thread bc I just scored these two for basically $30. I already scored big time on paying $150 to come take down and haul off a really strong 20’x40’ run, and got all accompanying bird-related things. Then for $30 more, he threw these in. I was excited to find out the one is a really nice one. But I’m keeping the less expensive one for backup.
Wow. That was a great score!

I am only on this thread bc I just scored these two for basically $30. I already scored big time on paying $150 to come take down and haul off a really strong 20’x40’ run, and got all accompanying bird-related things. Then for $30 more, he threw these in. I was excited to find out the one is a really nice one. But I’m keeping the less expensive one for backup.

Nice score!

I’m trying to help a few eggs with detached air cells and am trying to figure out a way to keep them pointed side down. So far all I’ve been able to think of is putting in the center area with the big end sitting up on the turning bar and piece of paper towel shoved by point end to keep it down. Any ideas on something that may work better?

I’m trying to help a few eggs with detached air cells and am trying to figure out a way to keep them pointed side down. So far all I’ve been able to think of is putting in the center area with the big end sitting up on the turning bar and piece of paper towel shoved by point end to keep it down. Any ideas on something that may work better?

You could also try cutting an egg carton and propping it on top of the turner or others have gone so far as to zip tie a piece of cardboard on top of one of the slots and glue a piece of cut paper towel holder to it, to prop the egg upright in.
If it's just a saddled air cell I have had good success with incubating them as usual in the horizontal turner.

When this happens for me, I just take the turner out and put them vertically in a paper egg carton with the bottoms cut off (just a bit, enough for air, but not the eggs to fall out) and rotate and tilt them manually for the first 7 days. After that, the air cells stabilize enough that you can use the turner. If they didn't, it probably wasn't going to work anyway, in my experience.

Agree on saddled, those just go in normal and are usually fine. Same for wobbly air cells. It's only the fully detached rolling ones that I do this with.

Anyone using the NR360 notice a difference between the inner or outer rows when only incubating a few eggs?🤔

Maybe just the slightest but I really think it's phycological. 😆 I did soooo many hatches with a full incubator and I never rotated any from the inner circle to the outer circle until I removed clear eggs or quitters. So some would stay in the center circle through the entire incubation and they hatch perfectly fine. With that said, I always put smaller eggs or eggs that seemed less desirable in the center. :idunno So I did technically have more clears or quitters in the center but I really believe it's because I always candled before setting the eggs and I would automatically put those lesser eggs in the center if I had them. I've had plenty of 100% hatches though so I highly doubt it was from the center ring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom