Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

No, but I never put the eggs back into the same place after candling them.

I'm not systematic about it, but I do shuffle them around.

Mine go in to the exact same spot every time in my NR360 (unless I'm taking out clears and redistributing them evenly around the turner) because the turner goes all the way around the incubator, it makes up for hot and cold spots.

Mine go in to the exact same spot every time in my NR360 (unless I'm taking out clears and redistributing them evenly around the turner) because the turner goes all the way around the incubator, it makes up for hot and cold spots.

As I said, I'm not systematic, but I do shuffle them in and out of the inner ring.

Finally just set some eggs again! :yesss:

I've been waiting ages on these Leghorn eggs.
Clifford wasn't covering them properly... despite lots of trying! In his defense, the girls are 1/3 his size so it was a little ludicrous watching him try to balance and get hold of their neck feathers.

Cue faceplants in the dirt, sitting on the girls like a sofa, and the time the hen jumped away but he kept looking around under himself like "Where did she go? She was here somewhere!".
Finally, some cracked eggs look fertile, so just to be sure I stuffed the incubator 😲
29 Leghorn X English Orpington eggs.
My goal is to lay the foundation for a Jumbo Egg pen that I can use later in my main project. I figure the size of the Orps + larger Leggie eggs should yield some hens that lay big'uns. I shall call them LegOs!

Finally just set some eggs again! :yesss:

I've been waiting ages on these Leghorn eggs.
Clifford wasn't covering them properly... despite lots of trying! In his defense, the girls are 1/3 his size so it was a little ludicrous watching him try to balance and get hold of their neck feathers.

Cue faceplants in the dirt, sitting on the girls like a sofa, and the time the hen jumped away but he kept looking around under himself like "Where did she go? She was here somewhere!".
Finally, some cracked eggs look fertile, so just to be sure I stuffed the incubator 😲
29 Leghorn X English Orpington eggs.
My goal is to lay the foundation for a Jumbo Egg pen that I can use later in my main project. I figure the size of the Orps + larger Leggie eggs should yield some hens that lay big'uns. I shall call them LegOs!

Lol! I love the name. I have a couple tiny Japanese Bantam/Leghorn mixes that are egg machines. They have convinced me that anything crossed with a leghorn will lay non stop. 😅 One even lays double yolks often.
Good luck on your hatch!

Lol! I love the name. I have a couple tiny Japanese Bantam/Leghorn mixes that are egg machines. They have convinced me that anything crossed with a leghorn will lay non stop. 😅 One even lays double yolks often.
Good luck on your hatch!

Thank you! 🥰
Very good to hear!
I intended to draw the air cells starting point on the eggs before setting them, but once they were on the candler I couldn't see the air cell line on any of them. All are really fresh so I just went ahead and set them figuring I might be able to see it better after a day or two.

Not sure how active this thread is but..
I got my NTR360 in the mail and it is pretty cracked 😩 any chance I could fix it with epoxy and still use it or would that be harmful to the chicks? I am getting a replacement but I don’t need to return this one and if I could make it usable I would have two.. 🙈

Not sure how active this thread is but..
I got my NTR360 in the mail and it is pretty cracked 😩 any chance I could fix it with epoxy and still use it or would that be harmful to the chicks? I am getting a replacement but I don’t need to return this one and if I could make it usable I would have two.. 🙈

Maybe use the silicone that's used for aquariums?

Fish are delicate, sensitive creatures so what's safe for fish should be safe for pretty much anything else.

Back
Top Bottom