Hatch-along coming soon!! Mixed breed edition!

Mar 8, 2024
Hey fellow chicky nerds!!!!

I've always found hatch-alongs super fun and I finally decided, well, I should do one! I am doing a semi-large batch so that a lot of people can contribute! I am not going to be keeping them, if any, maybe 1 or 2. But hey, it will still be fun to name them and see what they look like when they hatch! I like sticking to the pure breeds. My incubator is a Meef incubator, and it holds 30 chicken eggs. I am only going to put in ~15 or 20 though. This is my 1st hatch in the incubator so bear with me!
20240229_112219.jpg

I am not going to be hatching in about 1-2 more months because I'm going to be getting 2 chicks, so this gives you time to think about some names! The theme is sweets! For instance, Hershey's, Jolly Rancher, cheese cake, chocolate chip cookie, you name it! (literally 😆)
You can bookmark this page or follow me if you want to remember about this thread!
And the best part- there will likely be a very high hatch rate. I have 2 roos and 11 hens. I know, one too many roosters, but one of my roosters barely mates so it doesn't really count.
All my eggs are the same shade of brown. I know, kinda boring but I guess they will be all be mystery eggs! I will list all the breeds that I have that the chicks could be possible mixes of.

2 sapphire gems (1 roo 1 hen)
2 white plymouth rocks (hens)
1 black sexlink (hen)
1 black australorp (hen)
1 easter egger (hen)
1 light brahma (hen)
1 olive egger (roo)
And a few mixed breeds that I'm not going to be breeding.

The last time I hatched I had mostly sapphire gem mixes, which were all so adorable! I also had a few brahma mixes though. I will attach some pics to give you a good idea of what they might look like.

I can't wait to hatch and see what names you guys come up with! I will try to update what names and eggs are already taken. If all the eggs are taken you can still root for an egg!

1712681661749.png
1712681736563.png
1712681787379.png

Attachments

• 1712681694769.png
    1712681694769.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 1712682809198.png
    1712682809198.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Hey fellow chicky nerds!!!!

I've always found hatch-alongs super fun and I finally decided, well, I should do one! I am doing a semi-large batch so that a lot of people can contribute! I am not going to be keeping them, if any, maybe 1 or 2. But hey, it will still be fun to name them and see what they look like when they hatch! I like sticking to the pure breeds. My incubator is a Meef incubator, and it holds 30 chicken eggs. I am only going to put in ~15 or 20 though. This is my 1st hatch in the incubator so bear with me!
View attachment 3796378
I am not going to be hatching in about 1-2 more months because I'm going to be getting 2 chicks, so this gives you time to think about some names! The theme is sweets! For instance, Hershey's, Jolly Rancher, cheese cake, chocolate chip cookie, you name it! (literally 😆)
You can bookmark this page or follow me if you want to remember about this thread!
And the best part- there will likely be a very high hatch rate. I have 2 roos and 11 hens. I know, one too many roosters, but one of my roosters barely mates so it doesn't really count.
All my eggs are the same shade of brown. I know, kinda boring but I guess they will be all be mystery eggs! I will list all the breeds that I have that the chicks could be possible mixes of.

2 sapphire gems (1 roo 1 hen)
2 white plymouth rocks (hens)
1 black sexlink (hen)
1 black australorp (hen)
1 easter egger (hen)
1 light brahma (hen)
1 olive egger (roo)
And a few mixed breeds that I'm not going to be breeding.

The last time I hatched I had mostly sapphire gem mixes, which were all so adorable! I also had a few brahma mixes though. I will attach some pics to give you a good idea of what they might look like.

I can't wait to hatch and see what names you guys come up with! I will try to update what names and eggs are already taken. If all the eggs are taken you can still root for an egg!

View attachment 3796347View attachment 3796350View attachment 3796354
Look how cute that is !

I def need reminding. Tag me when it's time!! Or gimme an egg named Reese's Pieces (or Reese for short?). If that's taken then 100Grand? Bwahaha. I love the theme!!

I def need reminding. Tag me when it's time!! Or gimme an egg named Reese's Pieces (or Reese for short?). If that's taken then 100Grand? Bwahaha. I love the theme!!
Sounds great! Yes I will put the name down for you. Ok I will def tag you when it's time. See you then!

Yes for the light Brahma cookies and cream 😋
Aw I love cookies and cream, but unfortunately it's not guaranteed that I will get a light brahma. All of their egg colors are the same so I just basically throw in a bunch of random eggs seeing what will hatch. Cookies and cream will still match all the other colors of the chicks though, because almost all the ones that hatched last time were all gray and white 😆 When it comes time for you to pick an egg you can pick a big round egg with small brown spots (which is my sapphire gem's eggs) and the chick that should hatch out of there should be a gray and white chick for sure that would match the names Cookies and Cream.

Back
Top Bottom