Hatch-Along - Setting egg's Feb 18th, anyone else?

Good news/bad news

Good news: The chick walking on her hocks is using her feet this morning!

Bad news: The low humidity caused a chick to shrink wrap. The other chicks hatched out so fast, it wasn't a problem, but she was slower. I dampened her up and helped her out of the shell, then added yet *more* wet wash cloths to the incubator. She has a blorp of yolk still (at least I think it's yolk) She's back in the incubator, resting on a wet-ish paper towel. Hopefully the protruding bit will absorb.

I lost every single one of mine...All the yolk sack's were outside, and each chick died before it could pip, this happned to every chicken egg last year too, im actually SICK of it, I do everything right, and the chickens always end up with the yolk sack outside, people have said my incubator musn't be working, but the duck egg's hatch fine...It's really stressful...:(

First casualty. Pipped upside down. I did an eggtopsy and she hadn't absorbed her yolk fully either. The first one is doing alright though. A real fighter. The blorp is shrinking, and I should be able to put her in with the rest of the chicks tomorrow.

Day 23, 7 hatched and healthy chicks, all but one hatched on days 20-21, one hatched day 22 early, one pipped and died, and nothing else for 24 hours.

Time to give up on the rest? I have more eggs to set after all.

Back
Top Bottom