Hatch Problem—advice please?

Debrakinsky

Chirping
May 1, 2020
I have two chicks that hatched almost 48 hours ago. They are bright and alert. Problem is I have two that have pipped. One has a very large hole but doesn’t seem to be making progress, and one is making some progress but pipped late. I’m concerned about the two that have been in the incubator so long, and VERY concerned about the one that is alive and has a huge hole but should have hatched with the others. Everything I read says leave them alone and don’t open the incubator. So I haven’t, but am a bit concerned. Any advice?

Attachments

• ED4D96F8-E17A-4438-B5CA-A437604AACCA.jpeg
    ED4D96F8-E17A-4438-B5CA-A437604AACCA.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 15
Thank you. I’m gonna do it as fast as possible and try not to drop humidity much. Think I’ll try to just reach in and pull them out without completely opening the whole dome lid. Ugh. So nervous. I think the baby in the one egg is very weak. Poor thing.

Thank you. I’m gonna do it as fast as possible and try not to drop humidity much. Think I’ll try to just reach in and pull them out without completely opening the whole dome lid. Ugh. So nervous. I think the baby in the one egg is very weak. Poor thing.
I open my incubator 50 times to pull chicks out each hatch... Don't stress about opening it. Just open it and get them out they need to eat already.

I open my incubator 50 times to pull chicks out each hatch... Don't stress about opening it. Just open it and get them out they need to eat already.
Thank you. They are out and eating and drinking. Look healthy. I’m afraid I’m going to lose the one with the huge hole in the shell. I’m not sure if I should try to help or let nature take its course. It seems very weak.

Thank you. They are out and eating and drinking. Look healthy. I’m afraid I’m going to lose the one with the huge hole in the shell. I’m not sure if I should try to help or let nature take its course. It seems very weak.
I don't like helping but do sometimes.
You should probably make a decision quickly... Either help it or let it die.
it may still die if you help it but at least you're giving it a chance right?

Back
Top Bottom