Hatching Black French Marans

Pics
Yikes! You had to buy eggs!?! If I hadn't have bought those hatchery chicks last spring when we weren't going to buy chicks at all last year... we would have had to buy eggs from the store too, so see, unintentional chick purchased save the day! Lol.

Oh gosh, how did they show up!?!

Yup. I was only getting about two eggs a week, not enough for all the breakfast eggs and the occasional cooking. They arrived in a shoe box, individually wrapped in a small piece of newspaper. The only thing that saved the whole batch from cracking, was the fact that the shoe box was filled to the brim. Like I said, definitely eating eggs🤣

Well, I suppose if nothing else, you could decorate them for Easter, take a picture to send them. I just think it'd be more fun and actually funny if you hatched them and showed them chicks. ☺️

Happy Easter Eggs GIF by Rachael Ray Show

It probably would be more funny to tell them that I've hatched the eggs instead of eating them🤭. It's just not fair to my birds to hatch these eggs. It's a health risk for my flock, and as much as I'd like to see a bunch of chicks running around (well, more then what I have planned at least), there is only room for birds that I have planned for. Making them Easter eggs would've been a great idea, but Easter isn't till the 5th of May, and these eggs would be rotten at that point

It probably would be more funny to tell them that I've hatched the eggs instead of eating them🤭. It's just not fair to my birds to hatch these eggs. It's a health risk for my flock, and as much as I'd like to see a bunch of chicks running around (well, more then what I have planned at least), there is only room for birds that I have planned for. Making them Easter eggs would've been a great idea, but Easter isn't till the 5th of May, and these eggs would be rotten at that point
You could sell the chicks ;)

Easter is May 5th ? It's
March 31st here.

Back
Top Bottom