Hello from Miami

Quote:
Yeah, ain't that the truth! I grew up part-time in Miami and now I'm freezing my tush off in Arkansas. What's wrong with this picture?
hu.gif

welcome-byc.gif

What part of AR?

Quote:
Yeah, ain't that the truth! I grew up part-time in Miami and now I'm freezing my tush off in Arkansas. What's wrong with this picture?
hu.gif

welcome-byc.gif

What part of AR?

We're in the SW corner. Head west for 30 miles and you're in Oklahoma. Head south for 40 miles and you're in Texas.
Don't take Miami's warmth for granted. We have three inches of solid ice on everything right now.
barnie.gif

welcome-byc.gif

There needs to be a quiet chicken breed developed for all of our urban dwellers. There are quiet breeds of ducks like Muscovy & Wood Ducks. (I've had those. I know there are many more...) But, I don't know of any breeds of chickens that are really quiet.

Just having a few hens and no roosters should keep you under the radar though.

I'm making a formal challenge to anyone who can develop an urban chicken breed. Some traits might be: Quiet (no crowing roos), Friendly & easy going, smaller standard size (for egg size), good layer, small combs (for easy cold weather upkeep), non-cannibalistic, non-broody (maybe)

I'm just talking about a very maintenance free & quiet chicken for urban living. Has it been tried before? Are there some out there and I just don't know about them?

Welcome! I'm going to start a post about quiet chicken breeds to see if we can come up with any ideas at all, I'm curious too because I have one chicken, a Golden Comet, who's almost entirely silent, but because it's only one, I don't know if it's just her own personality or if it's common in that breed.

Back
Top Bottom