dublinducks

Chirping
Apr 15, 2023
Hi there! Not super great at introductions but I'm dublinducks, and as I'm sure you can gather from that name, I love ducks! Last May we purchased six Ancona ducklings, and a few months later we rescued two special needs Pekins, Winky and Wonky (who are blind and lame, respectively). We really lucked out and ended up with a great ratio where everyone gets along, and were able to keep all of them.

A few weeks ago we bought adult eight silkies, and were gifted seven copper marans eggs. Six eggs hatched, and five chicks survived. We also hatched out three silkie babies, and discovered that our hens now have two babies of their own that they surprised us with. So we now have a total of thirteen silkies, five copper marans, and eight ducks.

Our long term goal is to set up a small heritage breed poultry farm, are begin a breeding program to maximize hardiness and easy keeping.
I've lurked for a long time and I decided it was time to jump in. So many articles here have helped me get out of some sticky situations. Excited to be here!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom