Hello Newbie here!!!!

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

I've never heard of black bellied whistling ducks. Sounds interesting. I have a pair of wood ducks which are very quiet. I'd love to see them. Can you please post a picture of them?
ya.gif

Welcome to BYC.

Thank you everyone so far for your help and replies... Looks like I'm going to be busy doing more reading and investigating.. LOL.. I am partcial to the fancy colored ones.. but also like the fluffy red ones and th silkies and the footed ones.. will have to just keep researching..
I purchase eggs from member of our church who has 48 hens .. She just charges 1.50 a dozen to help with feed.. But would love to eventually have some chickens of my own.. I'd love to hatch them out myself but will have to do more research .. Don't think I want the roosters from hatching them though .. Neighbors would get a little miffed... There are some wild chickens living a few blocks over in the neighbor hood.. The look to be a type of bantam.

here is a link to Fred and his three little buddies. Fred is a year old now and the babies are now 6 months old..

i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/pirtykity47/009.jpg

will post more pics when I get them off of camera..

WOW! Those are some long legged ducks. I've never seen anything like them. Do you have to have a permit to keep them? How are they around people?

Very pretty.
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
My hens are all quiet.. my roosters on the other hand.... but I have heard people say their hens crow.. I 'd love to see pics of the ducks as well..

Back
Top Bottom