Hello

Thank you everyone. I am excited to join. I did go get my light Brahmas and after quarantine they will be joining my Brahma Rooster. After some research, I think is was crossed with a Buff and Dark Brahma because of his colors. He's beautiful and we love him. I put a picture of him in the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_091629.jpg
    IMG_20240419_091629.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 5
Thank you everyone. I am excited to join. I did go get my light Brahmas and after quarantine they will be joining my Brahma Rooster. After some research, I think is was crossed with a Buff and Dark Brahma because of his colors. He's beautiful and we love him. I put a picture of him in the attachment.
He's gorgeous! ❤

He is truly beautiful!

Yes, I don't have a lamp or any space to raise the chicks. He's a rescue. He started drawing blood when attacking his owner and she asked if I would take him. We were originally going to process him, but my autistic son loves him and holds him like a pet. I now have him in his own coop separate from my main coop so I thought I would give him his own small flock. Light Brahmas are common in my area but no one has any Buff Brahma Pullets so a lady about an hour away has 3 light Brahmas and I'm supposed to get them Saturday.
Welcome. I love my hens and I really appreciate and love my roosters. Roosters are my favorites. For you, please remember, that your son loves your rooster. Your son and the rooster will continue to have a great relationship if NO hens are introduced. However, if you introduce hens, the game changes and so does the relationship. A roosters job is to protect the hens with his life, find food for the hens, and mate. Sometimes it works out, but often, the rooster will protect - and that means protect from everyone. My personal opinion is that I would keep things the way they are.

Welcome. I love my hens and I really appreciate and love my roosters. Roosters are my favorites. For you, please remember, that your son loves your rooster. Your son and the rooster will continue to have a great relationship if NO hens are introduced. However, if you introduce hens, the game changes and so does the relationship. A roosters job is to protect the hens with his life, find food for the hens, and mate. Sometimes it works out, but often, the rooster will protect - and that means protect from everyone. My personal opinion is that I would keep things the way they are.
Thank you and I appreciate this. My son is high functioning and an adult. He helps me take care of our two flocks as well as help with the rabbits we raise. He knows never to turn his back on any rooster, but he has always had an appreciation for birds and they seem to love him.

Back
Top Bottom