Help.!!!!! Cat knocked over my incubator. Egg badly cracked. What should i do? It is still alive after an hour.

So it has to survive for 5-6 more days.

If you happen to have some pure oil in a spray or a way to ever-so-gently spread coconut oil or the like on it, that would keep it from drying out too. It will need to "breath" though so regardless it's getting about 1/3 to 1/4 of it's egg shut off.

Think of it as an experiment if nothing else. I have had a hopeless one hatch.

A couple of years ago I found an egg abandoned in the coop. Momma hatched the rest and left it. It had been trampled on, crushed, and was ice cold, but I heard a peep. The shell was crushed all the way around it.

I had just gotten my incubator that day so ran the egg to the house. I put that crushed egg in there. Three days later, this guy managed to crawl out of it.

Attachments

• Lazarus came in 2.jpg
    Lazarus came in 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2
About a foot
I was just asking because I dropped a chick last year that was still in it's egg (it had a few more days to go until hatching time) and it fell from like 3-4 feet high (I was so mad at myself) and it ended up dying, but that's because it probably really hurt itself from the hard impact when it hit the ground. I was just candling the eggs and left the egg on the washing machine, and it rolled off.
Check out this link, I hope it helps🤞🤞
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/i-dropped-a-egg-im-incubating.1513812/

Back
Top Bottom