Help! I'm pretty sure I ended up with a frazzle!

kristin06

Songster
Dec 28, 2014
NC
So during chick days at tractor supply I got 3 little frizzled cochins... well I'm almost positive 1 is a frazzle..
Question 1: what's the best care I can give to this sweet baby?
Question 2: is it common to get a frazzled from tractor supply?

I'm pretty upset about this. I would think the hatchery would know better than to breed frizzle to frizzle. I'm keeping my cool for now but I'm very disappointed about this situation.

Yes they are breaking off and extreamly curly :(

I did a search on the subject because I don't have first hand experience with a frazzle but it seems the primary concern is sun exposure. So I would think that a covered run or even a cape if she looses too many feathers would help her quite a lot! I also wouldn't breed her for obvious reasons.

I did a search on the subject because I don't have first hand experience with a frazzle but it seems the primary concern is sun exposure. So I would think that a covered run or even a cape if she looses too many feathers would help her quite a lot! I also wouldn't breed her for obvious reasons.
Definitely no breeding. I see a spoiled little rooster in my future.. I did contact tractor supply and let them know. I'm so disappointed..

So during chick days at tractor supply I got 3 little frizzled cochins... well I'm almost positive 1 is a frazzle..
Question 1: what's the best care I can give to this sweet baby?
Question 2: is it common to get a frazzled from tractor supply?

I'm pretty upset about this. I would think the hatchery would know better than to breed frizzle to frizzle. I'm keeping my cool for now but I'm very disappointed about this situation.
Me too! Same exact story. Same 3 Frizzles, same 1 semi bald frizzle, same Tractor supply . I was furious too as I thought this wouldn't happen buying from a reputable business. My little girl is also a bit neurotic. She would get feather picked as a baby by her sister and I can't help but wonder if big sister knew something wasn't right with her feathers... Also not sure how to word this correctly but she is a nervous pooper. Every time I pick her up she gets panicky and poops clear liquid all down my arm! Every single time! I have taken to swaddling her in a blanket not just for that but to make her feel safe hopefully. Good luck with your frazzle.

Back
Top Bottom