Help!!! Sheep RAMMING people !!!

Thanks for posting that information! It was very informative. I would have to say the same for goats and how we "encourage" them to butt without even thinking.

If I own that ram, he would be gone or eaten.

great article and good for you for NOT being defensive on the suggestions!

you can also check out the backyardherds site too - lots of pros with tons of knowledge.

a guy near us has his ram penned separately from his ewes and babies - we always wondered what the logic was - so now i know.

good luck and dont be afraid to rehome him - with a warning of course!!!

Quote:
Oh, I'm not the type of person to be defensive at all. I have very tough skin. I know that all of the suggestions are posted to only help me and not hurt me. I love learning and hearing ideas. I love this site and the many knowledgeable people on here. I will try to incorporate as many of the ideas on here as I can. I will try to work with my boy first and if that doesn't help, then I have to go to the next step. My safety and life comes first.

I'm very happy that everyone is chimming in with their ideas and suggestions. Keep them coming. I appreciate everyone's time in responding to my post.

UPDATE - I don't think that my male sheep loves me anymore. He runs when he sees me now. I wonder why.
lau.gif

Thanks for all of the suggestions. They worked !!!!

Quote:
So, what worked?

1. Put him in a pen a while alone for a few days without his girls.

2. When I let him out of jail, I let him breed with ALL of the females.

3. I walked with a board in the pasture with me until I was able to get the "shocker".

4. Once getting the shocker and tested it out on him, he knew I was serious. He doesn't like to get zapped!!!

Now, when I step foot in the gates, he stops and takes out running cause he sees the zapper. Even when I don't have the zapper, he still takes out running. He gets as far away from me as possible. If I get too close to him, he runs another 50 feet or so away from me. I have not had any problems with him since I posted the last time.

Back
Top Bottom