HELP! Sick 3 month old Buff Orpington. Is this vitamin deficiency, Marek's or Wry Neck???

_chickengirl1

Chirping
May 4, 2020
Yesterday morning, Blondie, my 3 month old Buff Orpington, wouldn't come out of the coop. She was acting lethargic so I immediately brought her inside and gave her some electrolytes in water. She then started getting really droopy, very tired and wouldn't eat or drink. I posted a video to a FB page and everyone said it looked like wry neck so I immediately went out and got Nutri Drench and Poly Vi Sol. We gave her a few drops of both throughout the day and in her water.

It seemed to help her. By nighttime, she was doing a lot better and this morning she seemed completely fine. We put her back outside with our other 3 hens and by 10am, she started looking lethargic again. We have her upstairs and are administering more vitamins, but now her legs appear to be going limp and have a red rash. I am beyond worried its Marek's Disease. We got the 4 chicks from Tractor Supply 3.5 months ago. I don't know if they vaccinate but I am guessing they do not. We've never had chickens in our yard or near us so I am not sure the likelihood this could be Mareks? Maybe from a wild bird?

Can someone please help? Does this look like vitamin deficiency? Meraks? She's eating and drinking for the most part. My other 3 chickens are active/healthy/happy but missing their friend. What else can I do?? I tried 6 vets in my area and none could take us..

Attachments

• ZJ6Lq30iSVS1yhhx3LDajw.jpg
    ZJ6Lq30iSVS1yhhx3LDajw.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 33
  • FH+NAkpQTC6OYfSzA2HiIQ.jpg
    FH+NAkpQTC6OYfSzA2HiIQ.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
When she walks does she limp? Then it's probably Mareks. My birds never acted lethargic at the beginning of Mareks, just limped.

Back
Top Bottom