Help with a Farm name!

How bout "Sunrise Farms"?
smile.png

Having a slight advantage of having meet you and learning a little about your life and think that I would be inclined to call it "Noah's Rest".

Quote:
Even though I had the idea for 2x2 Acres, I have to admit, I like the name "Sunrise Farms"

If you don't use that one, I think I may if nobody cares. It has a peaceful feel to it.

I think you should maybe stay away from the idea of having the word "farm" in the name..
idunno.gif
..not meaning to sound rude (hopefully ) but farms tend to be alot more acreage than 2 1/2 .

Maybe call it something like "Little peace of Heaven "....(peace was supposed to be spelled this way in this case) .

Sorry if I offended anyone .

Quote:
I don't think you have offended anyone, but I don't really agree with the saying that farms tend to be larger acreage.

I think that no matter how many acres you have, if it is being used for the purpose of growing and producing food and such, it has earned the right to be called a farm.

I have 12 acres and everyone refers to it as "the farm".

I grew up around farms that were many hundred acres and truly were "farms". But, the way we looked at it in the midwest growing up, a farm was anything that you grew plants or animals for human consumption. no matter the size, and a ranch was a larger piece of land that was used for raising cattle and horses only.

I'm sure that many people throughout many different areas of the country have their own deffinitions on what is classified as a farm or ranch, but these are mine and what I grew up with.

I think many people would call the 12 acres I have just a "hobby farm", but I tend to agree with one of the other posters, it's not a hobby when I can supply 95% of everything I eat off of it. It is actually a small working farm. It provides food, shelter, entertainment, heating materials, income, etc.

But, like I said though, we all have our own little deffinitions, and I don't think any of them are wrong. Just different from another.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No offense taken. That is where I had thought of using the Hobby Farm part. Not sure if it is right or wrong, or where I fall, but I always thought a farmer had primarily crops with animals for his use and a rancher raises animals (horses, cattle, etc). Up until now, our animals have been primarily pets and 4-H animals. They still are, but now we can also eat the eggs and sell them.

However, since I don't think there are any hard and fast rules, I guess someone could potentially call their city lot a farm if they chose too.

Back
Top Bottom