Hen is no longer walking, please help

Perfect, I've created quite the shopping list.

I do have blue kote already.

The hen is currently in my bathroom which is 70°+.

Any wounds you find, clean with a saline rinse and then apply the triple antibiotic, Blue kote doesn't need to be applied until she goes back outside to any that are not completely healed yet.
Terramycin ointment is also a good thing to have on hand as it can be used for eye injuries.

By the way It's amazing all the work your doing for these Chickens so they do have a good life.

Any wounds you find, clean with a saline rinse and then apply the triple antibiotic, Blue kote doesn't need to be applied until she goes back outside to any that are not completely healed yet.
Terramycin ointment is also a good thing to have on hand as it can be used for eye injuries.

By the way It's amazing all the work your doing for these Chickens so they do have a good life.

Appreciate that Slordaz! Thank you for going above and beyond with information and product recommendations. It means alot.

Appreciate that Slordaz! Thank you for going above and beyond with information and product recommendations. It means alot.
Thats what we are here for, help each other out for our feathered friends while learning. I probably drove the eggsperts crazy when I first started lol but one day we can help someone else with the knowledge we've gained from them too.

Some people are very pushy just remember you as the flock master have to decide whats gonna work for you and your flock as there are always various ways to do things.

Can you post a picture of her poop? Maybe put white paper towels under her to get a good pic.
This is her poop. Unfortunately since her legs aren't working, she's been defecating where she is laying. Essentially this is the fecal matter removed from her feathers next to what appears to be liquid. In my mind, the puppy patch she is laying on is super absorbent and could be potentially pulling moisture out of the feces.

Attachments

• 20191016_172947.jpg
    20191016_172947.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom