Shannon11

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Hi there,
New Chicken mom here. We live in NYC and after reading up on backyard chicken keeping, my husband and I decided to try our hand at raising a few.
We purchased 4 Production Reds when they were 10 days old. They are now 7 weeks old.
We have a coop that is designed for 4 chickens. The area where they sleep is raised 2 feet off of the ground. It contains a large nesting box and two separate roosting perches. One higher and one closer to the nesting box.
there is a ramp that leads to an open area that stretches the length of the coop.
mouth coop stands about 4 1/2 feet tall by 5 feet in length.The sleep area is secured and locked at night as is the open area below.
We let them out in the morning and they have free reign of a space about 8 feet in length and 6 feet wide.
They have a tree and rocks to perch on, dust bath areas and is completely enclosed.
I have diatomaceous earth, grower/ starter Feed, snacks, several different water and feeder dispensers, ceramic eggs for when they are ready to lay and my husband is in the process of building them a chicken swing.
I would greatly appreciate any advice that you can offer. I want to have healthy happy chickens.

Attachments

• AB458EEA-C34B-481B-B4C4-4EA0EF969317.jpeg
    AB458EEA-C34B-481B-B4C4-4EA0EF969317.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    807.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom