chickens4life_13

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2023
Virginia, Zone 7
Hi everybody! I'm new to this website but I've seen it advertised often while searching about chickens and other poultry. I'm not sure how to start this intro, so I'll just let these questions do it for me šŸ’—

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had chickens my entire life, but a few years ago I really got into them as a hobby and decided to breed specific types as well as get into other types of animals.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 45 chickens and 5 other pets as of right now, I have big plans to change what kinds of birds/animals I raise in the near future soon which may mean some will come and others may go.
(3) What breeds do you have?

Currently there's Speckled Sussex, Spangled Orloffs, Easter Eggers, Bantam Cochins/Pekins, Seramas, Sebrights, Silkies, and a Turken. Like I said this will all be changing fairly soon. ;)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I have always loved animals and truly believe (most) chickens are way smarter than we give them credit for. I love to spoil my animals and make sure they can all have the best possible lives they can.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

When I'm not hanging out with my chickens, I'd of course be with my other animals!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a Dutch rabbit, a Nigerian Dwarf goat, a kitty, a German Shepherd, and a Border Collie dog.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
;)
I've known about BYC for about 3 or 4 years maybe more. I'm finally joining to become even more of a chicken obsessed maniac!

Back
Top Bottom