Hi I am new here :-)

dntsharp

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am very new to chickens. I got hatching eggs and fell in love with hatching and the chicks. My 7-year-old loves being involved too. We have only had them now for about two months, hatch time included.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 16 chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have no idea as we got a barnyard mix of hatching eggs. We are in the process of identifying them now.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

The chickens themselves, their personalities, and the healthy eggs for my family.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, gardening, collecting crystals, baking, and anything and everything family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a stay-at-home Mom to 12 kiddos. We have 6 adult children and 6 younger children still at home. We have two sets of twins. I am a licensed Life insurance agent as well. We homeschool our kids. We have property and are starting our journey to homesteading. We have chickens, dogs, a cat, fish, and a snake.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I did a google search and have only known about it for a few weeks. The forums are what I joined for. I love learning all the information that I can.

:welcome:welcome:welcome

Welcome to our chicken-loving community! We're happy to have you here! 12 children, that's a lot! Hats off to you for homeschooling them all from someone who was homeschooled (and also comes from a big family). 😊

Back
Top Bottom