Hi My name is Heather

Heather Curtis

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2019
I live inYamhill, Oregon. It’s a small town the the heart of wine country. I am new to raising chickens but learning fast. I got my first chickens 1 month ago and just added 6 more. Just discovered one of the hens was t a hen but a rooster. I have 8 chickens total and various breeds.

I only know breeds we have for sure are Plymouth Rock, buff Orpington, buff Wyandotte, California grey and I am not sure what the others are.

I love how smart they are. I didn’t know chickens put themselves to bed!!! They are sweet too.

My family lives on a hobby farm. We have 3 mustangs and 6 miniature horses. I breed, raise and show miniature horses. We also have 2 Hereford cows. We are wanting to raise our own food and it’s slowly getting there. We didn’t get a chance to put in a garden this year but I am hoping to get a green house up so we can have starts during the winter months.

My husband works for himself and is privately contracted out as a manger to another business. I am a stay at home mom with a 3 month month old. We have 2 other children, 8 and 7 years old. They stay busy with school, sports and friends. We have 2 dogs, a border collie and a Catahoula Leopard a dog, 1 cat.

I was looking for a support group to join about chickens and found BYC and figured this would be the best to join.

1651148-0d831e6d52f44f8dc45ae552dbe35f48.gif

Hi Heather! BYC is great for support and information. You'll find lots of friendly people too. Thanks for joining.

Back
Top Bottom