Homestead Pizza Pie

Wow, Frugal...beautiful! What a system! And your stack of Dutch ovens! OK...I confess, I was drooling.
big_smile.png

Thanks for all the info. We're currently in the 1928 farmhouse on our homestead. In a couple years we hope to build a log home on the property. We intend to put up a wind turbine for our electricity and an outdoor wood furnace with an open hot water system.

I may have to have the Heartland Oval and their other Heartland Classic appliances in the kitchen though. Their stuff in just gorgeous.

Currently we're using our turn of the century Danville Manf cookstove in the farmhouse. My grandfather helped us shop for this cookstove in PA in 1992. We moved it to NC then, burned it until 1998 - but had not been able to use it for 9 years until buying the homestead in 2007.

120407002.jpg

I ended up cooking venison for yesterday's dinner. I'll make pizza before mid-week though.

Happy lambing! and Thanks Again.

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice looking stove!

When you get ready to install a new one you might want to consider the AGA Artisian. It's also a very fine stove and if I build another home I might use one instead of a Heartland. Tough to go wrong with either stove.

The pizza and the stove look great but what caught my eye is that you are well protected. In your avatar you have your spiritual armor (God's word) and your gun! You, Sir, are are prepared. I love it.

Quote:
Thanks, Frugal. Oohhh, the AGA Artisians are quite nice too. Well, lots of time to shop around. Thanks for the ideas.

Frugal, I made this for dinner yesterday and it was a hit with our out of town guests!
It turned out beautifully (sorry, no pics *burp*).

Now I just need a stove like yours.
smile.png

Quote:
I only post on my sites, here and a site in the UK.

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment however I've been married to my first love for over 30 years now.

Quote:
Thank you. I'm a Christian and I strive to be simply and purely devoted to Christ. My Christian band is working on our 4th CD, here's a cut from it that expresses just how Amazing His love has been to me.

Firearms are still a normal part of life here in Vermont. We shoot and hunt year round. The state does not require any permits to carry a handgun open or concealed as long as you're a law abiding citizen. The RKBA is till alive in Vermont, at least for now.

Quote:
That's great! When I have extra time for pizza making I'll often put a little olive oil on my shell, dust it with some Parmesan and pre-cook the shell for about 10 minutes before I build the pizza. Try it sometime, you'll love it!

Thanks for all the work you do on the forum. The technical advice is usually excellent and in spite of the high membership you've still managed to keep a community atmosphere. Not easy, but well done.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom