HomesteadNowhere Hatch-a-long! Set April 7, hatch April 28!

Uhh well this is odd.. I have a pip?! I'm pretty sure it's one of the two brahma eggs. Thought I heard a peep a while ago and heard one just now for sure. Sure enough there's a pip. :confused:
I've checked egg temperature many times throughout incubation and the eggs temp hasn't been high.. so I don't have any reason to think they should hatch early.. Dunno, will be watching!

Bottom right corner. Fairly well started. The one right above it now has a tiny pip.
Also a pic of lockdown. The egg flats are nice and very open for rinsing off en masse so there is plenty of air flow. And room all around the flat. Right after that pic I added the lingerie bag. The five eggs on the left edge are in the lingerie bag and setting in the flat. So those chicks can be banded to note the different sire. The two brahma eggs should have feathered legs so I'm not worried about telling them apart.

Attachments

• 20220427_002131.jpg
    20220427_002131.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220425_013938.jpg
    20220425_013938.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 5
Bottom right corner. Fairly well started. The one right above it now has a tiny pip.
Also a pic of lockdown. The egg flats are nice and very open for rinsing off en masse so there is plenty of air flow. And room all around the flat. Right after that pic I added the lingerie bag. The five eggs on the left edge are in the lingerie bag and setting in the flat. So those chicks can be banded to note the different sire. The two brahma eggs should have feathered legs so I'm not worried about telling them apart.
Is the lingerie bag a fine-mesh or open mesh? I think that's a really good idea for separating.

I have one chick hatched. That big pip hasn't made progress. Not sure about it. The second egg behind it with the tiny pip last night is the one that hatched.

Back
Top Bottom