How Are You Increasing Your Nation's Food Supply?

Most of my post don't last long as they call me a troll or say I affected someone's sensibilities. So keep it clean people.. Don't hurt anyone's feelings by feeding your chickens corn, or using the dreaded chicken wire.

Don't you know any animal can rip it apart?

I gave my neighbor a dozen fresh chicken eggs, yesterday, does that count? Ate kale frittata,home grown and produced, for dinner. Live in town, so I mainly supplement store bought staples, but where I live, you can garden year round. Planted a cherry, apricot, fig, apple, bananas, pomegranates, grapes, and multiple berries. Am wondering whether it’s worth planting the backyard, in wheat n barley, as opposed to what’s euphemistically called….grass.

Always good to have a backup plan, IMO.
I live in drought- stricken CAs Central Valley, I see fallow fields, due to lack of water, and crops unplanted, no longer available to American consumers. Much like Ukrainian food exports, once plentiful & available to other nations, many commodities are now scarce or only available at 2x their usual cost, Climate change affects American dinner tables and pocket books. I’m grateful our increasing food costs aren’t due to war, but still, I try to grow a lot of the things I no longer find growing, here. Maybe Uncle Sam will do something about higher food prices, (how do you stop a drought?), but I wouldn’t hold my breath, waiting on it.

Last edited:
Always good to have a backup plan, IMO.
I live in drought- stricken CAs Central Valley, I see fallow fields, due to lack of water, and crops unplanted, no longer available to American consumers. Much like Ukrainian food exports, once plentiful & available to other nations, many commodities are now scarce or only available at 2x their usual cost, Climate change affects American dinner tables and pocket books. I’m grateful our increasing food costs aren’t due to war, but still, I try to grow a lot of the things I no longer find growing, here. Maybe Uncle Sam will do something about higher food prices, (how do you stop a drought?), but I wouldn’t hold my breath, waiting on it.

Come on, climate change.. I thought Santa Claus was behind the food shortages.

I gave my neighbor a dozen fresh chicken eggs, yesterday, does that count? Ate kale frittata,home grown and produced, for dinner. Live in town, so I mainly supplement store bought staples, but where I live, you can garden year round. Planted a cherry, apricot, fig, apple, bananas, pomegranates, grapes, and multiple berries. Am wondering whether it’s worth planting the backyard, in wheat n barley, as opposed to what’s euphemistically called….grass.

That absolutely counts.. Every bit we produce or don't waste increases our supply. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom