How does this happen?

Thehappyheifer

Chirping
Oct 14, 2017
Spartanburg,SC
While visiting family and delivering some chickens I told my dbf that I had some chicks I wanted to look at. We arrived (after I pecked in the wrong address--we were 20 minutes from the location) and I picked one (I believe pullet) and my dbf told me to pick one more, so I picked 5 more. Then the man threw in another. How does 8-4+1+1=11? I mean, I did fail finite math,but...:confused:
Maybe , the same way dbf ("that doesnt like chickens")made 14 boxes and an oversized mobile run for 3 hens?:hmm
Letting them relax before we drive home.
20171026_154044.jpg
20171026_154246.jpg
20171026_123234.jpg

Last edited:
That's only slightly confusing. But...um, I have no clue. Based on your calculations, you should only have six, lol.
By the way, the horses in your profile picture are beautiful. Are they yours?

So beautiful! I volunteer a couple days a week, typically, at the barn my sisters and I ride at, and it's wonderful. I'm really hoping I could get a horse one day, Lord willing.
And that's cool, and really nice of you to rescue horses. How many do you have? Just four? And $8 is super cheap for a horse. :)
I got a Comet goldfish (feeder fish) one time that was already in a tank at the pet store to be eaten...in a tank with fish with teeth...and s/he's doing really good with my mom's two Comet goldfish. The workers were very professional and nice about it, and understood why I wanted that fish. I really like that pet store, as they have really nice workers. Places like that are always nice to go to, ya' know?

Poor little Massey was in horrible shape, he was untouched , didn't, roach backed. I had originally went to purchase a project horse , but for some reason I didn't see anything that caught my eye. When the meat horses were ran through, he tugged at my heartstrings. He was less than a year old,although I assumed he was an older pony, because he was in bad shape. He will live out his life with us.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to gain experience! Maybe, you can do a working internship at a show barn?

So beautiful! I volunteer a couple days a week, typically, at the barn my sisters and I ride at, and it's wonderful. I'm really hoping I could get a horse one day, Lord willing.
And that's cool, and really nice of you to rescue horses. How many do you have? Just four? And $8 is super cheap for a horse. :)
I got a Comet goldfish (feeder fish) one time that was already in a tank at the pet store to be eaten...in a tank with fish with teeth...and s/he's doing really good with my mom's two Comet goldfish. The workers were very professional and nice about it, and understood why I wanted that fish. I really like that pet store, as they have really nice workers. Places like that are always nice to go to, ya' know?

Aw, how sad. He's very fortunate to have been rescued by you, though.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to gain experience! Maybe, you can do a working internship at a show barn?
And I certainly have learned a lot from it. It's fun hanging around the horses, too. But I doubt the second one would happen. Though my sisters and I do want to get into jumping or cross country or something. I just want to try a whole bunch of things, but I prefer riding English over Western. How about you?

I tried many things, including a not even month long stint of vaulting. I settled into western riding and ended up working at a trainers barn. I worked for a big time cutter , I never thought I'd be in that position and truly regret not staying in that position. You never know until you try! I used to hop on anything with four legs than whinnied, friends Colts, buying my own greenies and projects...every spare minute was spent on a horse.
I can appreciate any equine athlete:blue horse matine, sting ray, ruffian,texaco,metallicat...
Aw, how sad. He's very fortunate to have been rescued by you, though.
And I certainly have learned a lot from it. It's fun hanging around the horses, too. But I doubt the second one would happen. Though my sisters and I do want to get into jumping or cross country or something. I just want to try a whole bunch of things, but I prefer riding English over Western. How about you?

Back
Top Bottom