How Many Bantam Eggs Makes One Large Egg

HuskerHens18

Crowing
Mar 11, 2018
Chickenlandia
My kitchen scale is broken, I had used it to weigh my chickens a while back and well.. they freaked out and broke it :hmm I have never tried to use bantam eggs in recipes, my first thought was just to weigh them and compare... but yeah, scale won't read anything.

So as the title says, how many bantam eggs roughly makes one large egg? Or how do you cook with bantam eggs? My bantams are overloading me so I am wanting to use them up in different cookies and desserts. (Feel free to share any cookie recipes you love!)

I use two bantam eggs to one standard EE egg which is from my lone EE hen, an extra large.

Bantam eggs are just the right sized when fried, to put on an English muffin for breakfast. Add a slice or two of bacon, a little cheese and you got yourself a first class breakfast courtesy of your back yard pet hen!

I use two bantam eggs to one standard EE egg which is from my lone EE hen, an extra large.

Bantam eggs are just the right sized when fried, to put on an English muffin for breakfast. Add a slice or two of bacon, a little cheese and you got yourself a first class breakfast courtesy of your back yard pet hen!
Awesome :) Good to know, thank you!! I usually get so overloaded with eggs I just throw out my bantam ones to the cats. Now my bantams are the only steady layers throughout winter, so my fridge is packed :lol: I swear some of them lay twice a day!

I usually have more eggs than I can use. I play it forward and give the extras to delivery people and neighbors who don't have chickens.

When I get an over abundance, I scramble them up and feed them either to our dogs or I feed them back to our chickens. They appreciate the extra protein and heat especially in the winter months. Nothing goes to waste. Some two legged or 4 legged being will get nourishment out of them.

The internet tells me an egg usually has about 3 Tbsp inside it--so you could crack bantam eggs into a measuring cup/measuring spoon and measure.

That's a good idea too! I'll probably make a huge mess in the process though haha. Thank you ❤

I was thinking of the kind of measuring cup that's like a little pitcher, with a handle and a pour spout, used for measuring liquids. Then just crack the banty eggs into it. (4 Tbsp is 1/4 cup, so put in slightly less than 1/4 cup for "one" egg, or do a bit of math for more eggs.)

Back
Top Bottom