How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Calcium Gluconate is a commonly used medication used when a duck is egg-bound. Daphne’s avian veterinarian prescribed a different calcium supplement, Calsorb, that works well for her when she gets one of her “abominations” (aka freaky eggs) causing her trouble. It’s her “emergency calcium” as I only give it when she’s actively having issues. She gets regular calcium in the form of oyster shell every day. Daphne has had reoccurring reproductive issues for as long as I’ve had her (almost 5 years), so we have a little routine at this point!
Wow. This is great info to have on hand. Thank you for sharing. What a great caretaker you are for your Daphne ❤️

What breed do you have? I have Pekin
I have a few different breeds that I chose specifically for laying, though I didn't expect quite this many in their second season. The hens that are laying age are Khaki Campbell, Welsh Harlequin, Ancona, White Layer, Buff, and Runner.

Zero, but then again my first round of 7 ducks will be 3 months on the 22nd, and my second round of 2 ducks is 1 month today. My 2 drakes will be 3 months on the 15th. All but the youngest 2 (still in the brooder at night) are going through a molt right now. It's been mid-30s to low 40s at night here for the last couple of weeks. I honestly have no idea when to expect them to start laying, but I'm excited for when it starts!

Zero, but then again my first round of 7 ducks will be 3 months on the 22nd, and my second round of 2 ducks is 1 month today. My 2 drakes will be 3 months on the 15th. All but the youngest 2 (still in the brooder at night) are going through a molt right now. It's been mid-30s to low 40s at night here for the last couple of weeks. I honestly have no idea when to expect them to start laying, but I'm excited for when it starts!
About two more months

Back
Top Bottom