How many duck eggs did you get today?

0 today but im in south east Wisconsin one of my girls has been laying sporadically since last week already! Often small fairy eggs but one really large one. My girls will be 5 this spring so I was really surprised that they started so early especially since the first egg last year wasn't until mid March.
I'm thinking its either due to the mild winter we've had and/or switching them from dumor feed to Kalmbach waterfowl.
More likely the warmer weather than the food - unless the new food has significantly more protein.

Speaking of mud:rolleyes: IMG_2657.jpeg

My black swedish started with just a white bib and is now about 70% white. My Cayuga drake has stayed black though both are 5 years old.
Same with my Black Runner drake he has some white on his face but that is it these ducks will be 8 yrs old in April and started turning white when around 2. My Cayuga is 4 yrs and she is new to us so I am not sure when she started turning white. I think it is pretty though.
I'd love to see a picture of your black Swedish I don't think I've ever seen one almost white.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom